INDI Library v2.0.7 is Released (01 Apr 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

EQMOD and telescope simulator (locale issue?)

• Thank you received: 3
Hi,

I'm trying INDI in my ArchLinux laptop (local client-server) and in my ArchLinux Raspberry PI (in this case, only the server side obviously, the client goes to the laptop). I managed to compile the drivers, connect my EQ6 mount and move it manually through the North/South/East/West buttons. The version of INDI is 0.9.7 and kstars's 2.1.0 (kde 4.12.0).

The problem I see is that I cannot set the site location coordinates (lat/lon), because it doesn't take my input correctly. I'm a Spanish user (UTF-8, the comma here is used to separate the decimals and the point to separate thousands. I know, it's a bit silly).

If I set for example latitude = 40:01:00, it sets it to 42:00:00 ??.
If I set 41:05:00, the program gives 54:00:00 ??.
If I set 41:32:21, it says that the value is outside the valid range of -90 to 90.

The same occurs with the longitude parameter. The problem is also present in the main control AR/DEC coordinates. Also, I'm not able to perform any goto in kstar (with slew or track commands), the mount just not responds. I'm starting to suspect that the problem is related to the 'coordinates misunderstanding'.

I won't be able to perform more test with the mount until Friday, but I can play around with the simulator to at least test the coordinate issue in case you need more input/data ;) .

Thanks,
Minaya
The following user(s) said Thank You: Jasem Mutlaq
Last edit: 10 years 3 months ago by Miguel.
10 years 3 months ago #495

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Hi Minaya, thanks for the report. There was a locale issue that was fixed in the current INDI SVN trunk. Can you please compile that and see if it fixes your issue? I would also recommend you use KStars from GIT as there has been tons of changes from the KDE 4.12 version. There are build instructions (including for Arch) for both libindi and KStars in the forum.
10 years 3 months ago #498

• Thank you received: 3

Fine, thanks.

I will try and report as soon as I have access to my telescope & Raspberry Pi (next friday I hope!).
10 years 3 months ago #499

Time to create page: 0.472 seconds