INDI Library v2.0.6 is Released (02 Feb 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

EQMod parking in non-standard position

• Thank you received: 375
I have just had a talk with a friend of mine who needs to park his mount horizontally. He has a rolling roof shed and he can't park to northpole because he cannot roll off the roof in this park position. Does EQMod support parking a mount horizontally? I understand that you can set virtually any parking position in INDI driver. However information about where a telescope is pointing to at a parking position is not saved anywhere. As the result EQMod driver just assumes it's pointing north. Am I right?
6 years 9 months ago #17418

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 87
Well I also have that problem with my observatory and I have been parking mine horizontally for about 2 years using a user defined park position.
and it works very well.

The first thing I did was a Sync pointed to north position (home) and then I manually moved the mount to my custom park position and finally told
eqmod to park to current position. Whenever I power the mount it knows where it's parked and where it's pointing, it's stored in the config file.
6 years 9 months ago #17434

• Thank you received: 32
Would be nice though to have a very clear UI for this. For the EQMod in ASCOM on Windows, you just have 2 options for a unpark and park position, very handy.
6 years 9 months ago #17437

Thanks a lot for the hint! Could you please elaborate on this? Is the first step just syncing to the north pole or syncing and saving with INDI Align/Write File option?
Is the next step to slew to custom parking position and use INDI Site Management/Current and then Site Management/Write Data?
6 years 9 months ago #17450

Hi Kaczorek!

First I put the mount by hand (unclutching) at the Pole, sync it, then I slew it to the position I want it parked and then I use the Site Management/Current and Site Management/Write Data option like you said. You just have to redo all this steps if for any instance there is a power down before the park. The first sync on the pole is just for the mount to know it's real position on the sky.

I also have transferred the xml config files between setups to maintain the park position and it works great.
Last edit: 6 years 9 months ago by nMAC.
6 years 9 months ago #17454

• Thank you received: 32
So is it also possible to have an unpark position? Would be nice to click park and it goes horizontal, unpark and it goes to the pole.
6 years 9 months ago #17460

Maybe it's possible, never tried, Maybe I am wrong but I have a slight memory that once, I did that by mistake. Now it's just park and unpark at the same position.
Last edit: 6 years 9 months ago by nMAC.
6 years 9 months ago #17464

Nope. Already tested, you only have Park options implemented in the driver.
Maybe implementing similiar Unpark options would resolve that issue.
6 years 8 months ago #17579

Thanks for your answers!
6 years 8 months ago #17582

Time to create page: 0.231 seconds