INDI Library v2.0.7 is Released (01 Apr 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

Takahashi EM200 does not get connected

• Thank you received: 1
Hello Everyone,

my EM200 does not get connected to the indi server. I get always:

Communication with /dev/ttyUSB2 @ 9600 failed. Starting Auto Search...

I'm running under the latest VirtualMachine with Ekos, and I am pretty sure about the usb2serial port.

Thask a lot for your help
Nicola
6 years 9 months ago #17532

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Are you sure it'ss /dev/ttyUSB2? Can you connect to the mount via Cutecom/Minicom or any other program?
6 years 9 months ago #17537

No, it wasn't. I looked at the windows driver and it was COM2 which I believe is /dev/ttyUSB1
I changed that, but it is not working. So I had a look at the USB devices recognized by the VM and I realized that it is not connecting to the COM2 USB driver (Prolific)
I have two of them, one is getting connected (the focuser) while the same driver on the mount is not getting connected

Attachment not found

What could I try?

Thanks
Nicola
Last edit: 6 years 9 months ago by Nicola.
6 years 9 months ago #17774

Is this a limitation in VirtualBox? I'm not sure. If you disconnect the other adapter, can you at least try connecting to the mount?
6 years 9 months ago #17777

Hi, just rebooting the VM solve the situation, now both prolific interfaces are detected.
However the Temma driver still does not connect to the mount.
Is there anything I can do to identify the issue? Debugs, logs, etc...

Thanks
Nicola
6 years 9 months ago #17785

Yes, check my signature on how to submit logs. Enable debug logs _before_ you click connect, and then submit the file. Thanks.
6 years 9 months ago #17786

• Thank you received: 46
I have recently made changes to the temma drivers to correct a few minor, but show stopper errors. The big one, temma uses 8e1, not the 8n1 protocol used by most other serial gadgets. I just put in another pull request that fixes parsing of returns for negative dec numbers.

Still have a couple minor issues to figure out, but the temma driver is working correctly now with the Takahashi NJP in our dome.
6 years 9 months ago #18119

• Thank you received: 46
another update. I've had endless issues over the last few days with the initial connect to the temma. Temma documentation says it honors CTS, and I've tried every variation of managing the flow control to try make this problem go away. The problem was really seeming like a floating line on the CTS, most times it would connect and handshake fine, but, on a regular basis it would not. The ONLY definitive cure was, stop the whole indiserver process then restart it. In desparation earlier today i swapped out the cheap PL2303 usb-serial adapter for an FTDI based usb-serial adapter. I've not had a connection failure since I did this swap out. Still a little more cleanup to do, but when that's done, I'll be sending another update that addresses all the things I've found operating the mount in a remote dome here.
6 years 8 months ago #18189

Time to create page: 0.868 seconds