Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
20 Aug 2017
INDI development team is happy to announce the release of INDI Library v1.5.0. This new exciting release builds on the maturity of INDI Library and comes with many new supported devices and fixes for existing drivers.
Read More...
  • Page:

TOPIC: Autoguiding Star Adventurer |Ekos

Autoguiding Star Adventurer |Ekos 4 months 2 weeks ago #17686

hello,

I am trying to configure autoguiding with Star Adventurer with EKOS and PHD2. Current set up is Nikon D810 as main camera, ZWO120 mms as guide and SA as the mount. Guide port of SA is connected with ST4 cable to guide of ZWO . ZWO Usb is pluuged into RPI.

Ekos is able to connect to ZWO without issues. But fails to connect to SA . Please advise what am I missing here.

In the EKOS profile, i Have chosen mount as EQMOD mount. and I get below error.

2017-07-07T17:00:23: Failed to connect to port (/dev/ttyUSB0). Error: Port failure Error: No such file or directory. Check if device is connected to this port.
2017-07-07T17:00:23: Connecting to /dev/ttyUSB0
2017-07-07T17:00:23: Trying connection to /dev/ttyUSB0 @ 9600 ...
2017-07-07T17:00:23: Communication with /dev/ttyUSB0 @ 9600 failed. Starting Auto Search...

Any advice would be appreciated.

PS: PHD2 works fine with ZWO and on Camera mount

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Last Edit: by tkottary. Reason: more info

Autoguiding Star Adventurer |Ekos 4 months 2 weeks ago #17780

I was able to get this working by setting the baud rate to 115200 instead of 9600 and connecting the usb cable from PI to mount even though my mount was being powered by 4 AA batteries. So is it must to connect the cable to PI to get this working?

I was able to auto guide using iAstroHub without using this usb cable to mount, why does ekos/Indi requires me to connect this usb?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.097 seconds

Login

3rd Party

Choose from the numerous 3rd party INDI drivers to suit your needs!

Got Problem?

Check out the FAQ, the forum, and the bug tracking system to resolve any issues you might have!
You can also subscribe to INDI newsletter and development mailing lists to get the latest updates on INDI!

Gallery

Replica

Why INDI

Replica