INDI Library v2.0.6 is Released (02 Feb 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

EQMod and EQ8 AutoHome

• Thank you received: 46
Gotta say, this feature is 'like magic'. The situation today, dome is 400 feet from the house, and I was slewing in various directions to try validate more changes to dome slaving. With the telescope slewed to an awkward angle fairly low to the horizon, and the dome pointed in that direction, we had a power event (somebody threw the wrong breaker), leaving the whole system in a bad configuration.

After I restored power, and fired everything up, eqmod still had the 'is parked' condition saved away, but it was no where near the park position. I have a webcam to monitor the dome interior, so I hit the unpark button in the eqmod panel main panel, enable aux encoders in the options panel, then selected 'auto home' in the site management panel, and watched the telescope. After gyrating thru a few small moves, like magic, it went to the home position.

For a remote setup, this is a fantastic little feature available on the EQ8. so much so, I may consider getting another EQ8 for the second dome to replace the NJP we have currently scheduled for install once it's up.
6 years 6 months ago #19208

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 7
Is this function already availabe? I got an EQ8 too.
Thomas
5 years 5 months ago #30619

Replied by Jasem Mutlaq on topic EQMod and EQ8 AutoHome

It is, I tested it with my EQ8 a while go.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Thomas Jäger
5 years 5 months ago #30624

• Thank you received: 109

Replied by Jim on topic EQMod and EQ8 AutoHome

It has been working for me as well.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Thomas Jäger
5 years 5 months ago #30655

• Thank you received: 7
This evening, I have tested EQMOD with a homemade EQdirect cable. Everthing works fine. Thanks for this driver. Need to say, I found the autohome button, which worked also.
Thomas
5 years 4 months ago #31363

Time to create page: 0.325 seconds