INDI Library v2.0.7 is Released (01 Apr 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

Wrong guide rate for AP900 mount - Guide Calibration Failure

• Thank you received: 12
Michael, you mentioned you just added the commands for pulse guiding for AP mounts. Have you been using this?
6 years 4 months ago #21181

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 30
Yes it works fine. I have put the ST4 cable back in the drawer (for good hopefully!).
Jasem made an important change earlier that made the actual pulse guide option appear correctly in the INDI Control Panel.
Then I corrected the serial protocol commands used to send pulses to the mount - it had been using the LX200 generic commands which do not work on the Astro-Physics.
So all should work now - please let me know if there are any problems.
BTW - everything we're doing is based on the GTOCP3 protocol document so it is useful to have reports from older firmwares. At the moment the driver does nothing to discern the protocol level of the controller - hopefully that won't be required for too many features.
Last edit: 6 years 4 months ago by Michael Fulbright.
6 years 4 months ago #21182

• Thank you received: 12
6 years 4 months ago #21183

Just looking at the code and the driver is already identifying the firmware version.
LinuxUser - could you tell me what firmware version is reported on the 'Firmware data' tab of the INDI Control Panel?
On my GTPCP4 controller I get "VCP4-P01-01".
6 years 4 months ago #21274

I've added some code to set the guide rate from the INDI Control Panel - I'll try to test it tonight and I'll submit a PR.
6 years 4 months ago #21275

Changes have been accepted.
I don't know if this fixes the original problem but hopefully will allow one to reset the guide rate to a desired rate if it gets changed (in a way I'm still not clear about). I hope to get in contact with AP next week to see if anything additional is required.
Note if the interface shows the rate you want selected you will need to select a different rate and then reselect the rate you want to actually get the command sent to the mount.
6 years 4 months ago #21298

• Thank you received: 16
Hi Mike,
As noted in my earlier post here:
www.indilib.org/forum/mounts/2819-wrong-...l?limitstart=0#20998
I am unable to connect to my mount from the Raspberry PI 3 at all now due to this time format error message. I have updated to the latest KStars 2.8.8 and still have the same error, INDI driver (indi-lx200ap) crash and connection problem. The strange thing is I have the same error message from the latest KStars/Ekos VM, however the driver does not crash and this will connect to the mount despite the error. Not sure what the difference is between the VM and the Pi 3. I can do a screen share with you or Jasem to help get this resolved, we just need to set a time and then "meet" virtually to get this done. I do have TeamViewer on the VM.

My mount reports firmware "E" in the INDI control panel when it does connect. This makes sense as I do have the E1 firmware chip installed, which is the latest available for the GTOCP2 control (if memory serves).

Thanks for adding the guide rate to the INDI driver and interface. Once we can get the mount connecting again after fixing this time format error message then I will give that a test.
6 years 4 months ago #21342

I'm using a fairly recent build from git (commit 6cb541faef77ec1d8e65ed9b36d07028a234548f Thu Nov 23 11:41;12 2017) and I'm seeing a time format error as well:

2017-11-29T01:47:55: [INFO] Please initialize the mount before issuing any command.
2017-11-29T01:47:55: [ERROR] Failed to retrieve time format from device.
2017-11-29T01:47:50: [INFO] AstroPhysics is online.

Is this the same error?
I am still able to get the mount working after this error if I do a cold start.

Jasem - what commit is the fix for the time format?
6 years 4 months ago #21343

• Thank you received: 16
Mike,
Yes that is the same error I am getting, which is then followed by the INDI driver crash.
6 years 4 months ago #21344

You can see the function getCalenderDate() in lx200driver. I guess this is where the issue is.
6 years 4 months ago #21345

I'll take a look - I just seem to recall you fixed something recently in this driver and time/date functions?
6 years 4 months ago #21349

Just returned the correct ISO8601 format.. from YYYY/MM/DD to YYYY-MM-DD
6 years 4 months ago #21350

Time to create page: 0.756 seconds