INDI Library v2.0.6 is Released (02 Feb 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

Wrong guide rate for AP900 mount - Guide Calibration Failure

• Thank you received: 30
I don't have any Arm systems to debug this with at the moment - hopefully someone else who does can try the lx200ap driver in simulation mode and trigger the same error.

I'd recommend trying again on a Intel based laptop if possible. You will probably find that is a superior user experience just from speed for things like plate solves, etc.
6 years 3 months ago #21457

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 16
Mike,
I will try to get a remote session setup with Jasem, notwithstanding our time difference I am sure we'll get connected. Hopefully with that we will be able to get this sorted.

I understand your recommendation to use an intel machine, however, I have built my system around using the Pi 3 as mounted on the scope. It has been working fine except for the mount issues. Autofocus is found usually within a 10 to 20 second run or faster, depending on situation, same for plate solving, etc. When the mount is working I will be able to set up the scope, schedule a session and go to bed. At least this is what I am aiming for.

That said, I did update my KStars VM to the latest software and the mount connected and worked just fine with the VM in an indoor test I just ran. Based on this test it would seem the connection issue is related to the ARM software branch. I am sure it will get worked out sooner rather than later. I will test the guide speed issues tomorrow indoors using the VM and a combination of simulated cameras and actual mount and ZWO ASI174MM guide camera ST4 port as I did before. This will show if the guide rate is getting set back to the correct speed i.e 0.5x or 1x, etc. as it should after a mount move using the 64x slew speed (for example). Are we having fun yet? :-)
Last edit: 6 years 3 months ago by Midwest Astronomer.
6 years 3 months ago #21460

• Thank you received: 16
By way of following up on this, there is ongoing work to correct and resolve the issues and differences in the INDI driver for the Astro-Physics mounts running older CP2 through newer (CP3, CP4) control boxes and firmware. Many have successfully used the INDI driver on their AP mounts and I believe the current driver as included in the latest build (Jasem has restored the latest working driver) is quite usable especially for the newer mounts and adequate for the older mounts. If this is not the case I hope someone will correct me. There is a lot of work, testing, screen shares, debugging, etc. going on in the background to round out the niggles with guide rate, mount parking, etc. as applies to the differences in the firmware and control boxes. For future reference and other users I intend to post a followup on the resolution as it comes.
Last edit: 6 years 3 months ago by Midwest Astronomer.
6 years 3 months ago #21587

• Thank you received: 22
Has anyone had any luck with the *Stack smashing* buffer problems? I'm getting the same in indi_Xagyl_wheel on an Arm processors. An rpi3 and my new Odroid-xu4 (Armbian/ubuntu 16.04-xfce). I tried the same setup compiled from git on an intel based notebook and it works fine, but I bought the shiny new XU4 to be a high speed usb3 server on the scope mount and really want it to work. It works nice but for this problem which is being extra stubborn.
Last edit: 6 years 1 week ago by Ray Wells.
6 years 1 week ago #24324

Time to create page: 0.398 seconds