INDI Library v2.0.6 is Released (02 Feb 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

ST4 connection or EQMod?

• Thank you received: 10
Hi Guys
Hi from the UK :cheer: . New to the forum and also INDI/Ekos. I`ve just installed Linux Mint 16 Mate on an old desktop and very pleased to say Ekos is up and running perfectly. I have an EQ6 mount with an Atik 314l ccd on to an Espirit 120mm triplet refractor and guiding with a Lodestar. I`ve not had to chance to actually take any images yet but I`m wondering if I can use the ST4 connections with my mount/guider in Ekos?. I had to load the Eqmod INDI driver to get Ekos to see my mount and its recognised as an EQmod scope and not EQ6 which is fine but I`m not sure how Eqmod and ST4 interact if at all?. I previously used EQmod with varying results under Windows 7 through Maxim dl sometimes if would guide fine sometimes not so good but I`ve never really tried the ST4 connection since getting the mount, what would you advise as the best way to guide with Ekos please or should I stick with Eqmod?
thanks
Steve
9 years 10 months ago #1123

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

When you run Ekos, select Atik are you CCD, SX CCD as your guider, and EQMod as your telescope driver. Then once connected, in the guide tab, you can select how the guiding commands are sent in the "Via" dropdown list. Simply select Lodestar there and all the ST4 commands will be sent from Ekos ---> Lodestar ---> Mount. I found that it is better than sending guiding commands to the mount directly.
9 years 10 months ago #1134

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.253 seconds