INDI Library v2.0.6 is Released (02 Feb 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

iOptron SmartEQ pro-Error setting local date/UTC Offset.

• Thank you received: 5

The only issues I have observed so far are the local time, UTC offset and date settings. I have already posted the proper format for these three changes. I am waiting for an email from iOptron to see if I can obtain the rs232 command list. The correct serial command syntax for the three issues I have observed are below. This format returns "1" for the 8408 HC on all three commands. I don't know if knro plans to work on the ioptron smarteq/pro driver, or create another link to the indi_ieq_telescope for the smartEQ/pro HC. I am willing to continue to test the former until it is functioning properly.

Correct command syntax.
:SCYYMMDD# (date)
:SLHHMMSS# (local time) 
:SGsMMM# (UTC Offset. i.e. -480)

kindly,
cl330b
6 years 2 weeks ago #24087

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Sorry there is so MUCH to follow up with I can't recall many details, so let's summarize this:
1. With iOptron SmartEQ, you can use the CEM60 driver if you connect directly to the mount bypassing the handset?
2. Parking: What remains in unparked state? The physical mount? or the INDI parked/unparked status? or both? Logs?
3. Ok the code is based on this: www.ioptron.com/v/ASCOM/RS-232_Command_Language2014_V2.0.pdf
Command: “:AG#”
Response: “nnn#”
This command returns the guiding rate n.nn * sidereal rate. The range of n.nn is [0.10, 0.90]

So if hand set guide rate was set to 0.5, then then command should return 050 which then divided by 100 = 0.5x. However, from what you describe above, it seems that was is returned is 505 / 100 = 50.5 which doesn't make sense. Even if divided by 1000 it's not right. Ok, enough speculation. Set it to 0.5 in the handset, then enable logging in INDI driver, and let's see what exactly the mount sends over. Maybe it should be 1000 instead of 100.
Last edit: 6 years 2 weeks ago by Jasem Mutlaq.
6 years 2 weeks ago #24094

This is command set for this driver: www.ioptron.us/ASCOM/RS-232_Command_language2013.pdf

It is the same command set for the current driver (indi_lx200_zeq25) that covers ZEQ25, iEQ30, iEQ45, and SmartEQ. There is a space in the commands you mentioned above in the documentation.
6 years 2 weeks ago #24095

That document isn't accurate. The 8408 HC with SmartEQ pro mount returns "0011". Please see this more updated document which shows the working command syntax for the 8408 HC and SmartEQ pro mount even though it is not listed in the text. The commands in the document from 2014 (V2. 0) are 100% confirmed working properly.

Kindly
cl330b
6 years 2 weeks ago #24103
Attachments:

That's the document I use for the iEQ Pro drivers in INDI... Ok, this is then just a mis-labeling. I will update INDI so that when you run "SmartEQ" driver, it uses the indi_ieq_telescope driver instead of indi_lx200zeq25 driver
6 years 2 weeks ago #24106

Another issue. The documentation is very sparse.

1. IEQ Pro documentation: indilib.org/devices/telescopes/ioptron/ieq45.html
2. ZEQ25 documentation: indilib.org/devices/telescopes/ioptron/zeq25-smarteq.html

It would be great if someone can step and supply screenshots for these drivers running plus add any bit of documentation that is useful for new users.
6 years 2 weeks ago #24116

I am currently in communications with ioptron support regarding this topic. The command set syntax can vary per mount even if each mount has an 8408 HC. They directed me to a link with command sets for their mounts and this raised further questions. I will provide any further useful information supplied to me. I will also try my best to provide screenshots as soon as I can.
6 years 2 weeks ago #24127

• Thank you received: 182
Sorry, Jasem, I haven't been able to use the iOptron SmartEQPro mount recently, so can't provide detailed logs. However, please have a look at the attached screenshots.

SmartEQprior shows a screenshot of the Control panel after starting Indi with the sidereal RA guide speed on the 8408 HC set to 0.5x. On the control panel that setting is reflected as 50.5x. If I then set the guide speed to 0.5x (SmartEQafter) then the Control Panel will reflect that new setting, but the guide speed I read on the HC is now set to 0.05x. If I then shut down Indi and restart it, the guide speed on the Indi Control panel is now show as 5.5x (see SmartEQafterMountSetTo0.05x.jpg screenshot).

That error has to lie in the coding somewhere.

I'll send logs next time I use the mount and can go through the routine again. As I wrote, one can work around this, as long as one is aware of that particular bug.

Jo
6 years 1 week ago #24207
Attachments:

Thanks, but the log is required to inspect the communication with the mount. I'll wait until then!
6 years 1 week ago #24213

The guide rate command response is different for a CEM60 with a firmware version of 20171001 and later. This explains the issue El Corazon is facing. For CEM60 the response should be:
Command: “:AG#”
Response: “nnnn#”
This command gets the right ascension guiding rate and the declination guiding rate.
The first 2 “nn” stands for the right ascension guiding rate 0.nn * sidereal rate. The last 2 “nn” stands 
for the declination guiding rate 0.nn * sidereal rate.
Note: Valid range of guiding rate of right ascension is [0.01, 0.90] * sidereal rate, and valid
range of guiding rate of declination is [0.10, 0.99] * sidereal rate. This command only available 
in equatorial mounts.

I will provide logs as soon as I can. I also have figured out the SmartEQ Pro (original post) issue. There is a third product, the SmartEQ Pro+. This product uses the same command set as the CEM60, but does not share the same command set as the SmartEQ, nor the SmartEQ Pro. I can link to references shortly...

Kindly
cl330b
The following user(s) said Thank You: Jose Corazon
6 years 1 week ago #24378

IOptron sent all the command sets today with a product matrix for which version applies to which mount. So at least now there is a clear distinction and the mount behavior can change after detecting the firmware version.
6 years 1 week ago #24384

Ok, after examining iOptron documents today, looks like I have to write a new driver since the commands are now quite different for the new firmware. So stay tuned. I also need access to test, so anyone who has a mount with firmware 20171001 or higher let me know. I need remote access to the mount in order to test the new driver.
6 years 1 week ago #24391

Time to create page: 0.879 seconds