INDI Library v2.0.6 is Released (02 Feb 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

trouble with eqmod mount disconnecting

• Thank you received: 109
My EQMod mount (Sirius EQ-G) has been periodically disconnecting. At first I suspected the wiring, and still do a bit, but some times if I just disconnect and reconnect from the indi control panel, it starts working again. If that does not work, then I can restart the indi_eqmod driver without being anywhere near the scope and things start working again. I wasn't able to tell much from the logs, but I do have a full set that include a couple cycles of this happening. I would rather not post them here as they contain GPS data in them. @knro, would it be okay if I emailed you the zip file? it is less than 1M compressed?

Thanks for any thoughts

Jim
6 years 2 weeks ago #23997

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 226
I have a theory that modemmanager, although to a lesser degree than with Bluetooth, also interferes randomly with com ports. I haven't had a chance to see if my cable interface is more stable since removing it. But it's worth a shot.
sudo apt-get remove modemmanager
The following user(s) said Thank You: Jim
6 years 2 weeks ago #23998

Indeed, I took the step to remove ModemManager from the system about 2 weeks ago when this started happening. Unfortunately, it did not seem to make a difference. I still need to check some connections and voltages to the mount, but am running good wiring and a 10A 12v regulated supply.
6 years 2 weeks ago #24023

Sure go ahead.
6 years 2 weeks ago #24043

• Thank you received: 28
I dont know if this is the same issue, but indi_eqmod (Version: 0.4~201802281610~ubuntu16.04.1) is behaving very badly. I have checked all my wiring, power supply is working properly.

See error log below.

regards
6 years 2 weeks ago #24049
Attachments:

That is the same error I have been seeing. It seems to happen when I am all set up, tracking and in the main sequence of doing exposures. That may be a coincidence though, as that is where I am spending the most time in INDI/Ekos, of course. I have not been able to find another correlation yet. I was wondering before, when this started happening if there was something being returned from the mount that could be output other than displaying "unknown error"? Even if it is the raw error.

My running INDI drivers:

eqmod
gpsd
zwo ccd (1600MM and 290 mini)
moonlite
astrometry
wunderground
flipflat
asi efw
Last edit: 6 years 2 weeks ago by Jim. Reason: more info
6 years 2 weeks ago #24058

Can you compile from Github and see if this is perhaps another build issue?
6 years 2 weeks ago #24107

I can try, though this is on the Fedora build, and has been happening for the last few builds, not just the latest one. Petarm is using Ubuntu, so would be yet another build.
6 years 2 weeks ago #24108

I tested EQMod for the last half hour in my observatory and no issues. Another user ALSO had this problem as well, so it is more common but I can't find the source of the issue yet.
6 years 2 weeks ago #24109

I am not able to discern a pattern. I have had it work fine for hours, and then fail 2x in 20 minutes. It looks like I may have some clear nights coming up this week, so will try to better recall what is going on when it happens.
6 years 2 weeks ago #24110

• Thank you received: 226
I have seen this happen, but I couldn't be sure if it was my cables or whatnot. I haven't had enough time up and running lately to notice any pattern.
6 years 2 weeks ago #24112

Ok I'd like to know what leading to this. All the logs I got so far either include the error in a separate file (with no history before it) or do not include the error at all. I need logs that are OK until this starts happening.
6 years 2 weeks ago #24115

Time to create page: 0.464 seconds