INDI Library v2.0.6 is Released (02 Feb 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

EQMOD questions

• Thank you received: 9

EQMOD questions was created by Alan Mason

I'm fairly new to AP and INDI as well with just a few questions...

How does PEC training in EQMOD work? I've tried to enable training but without any result. Also, will it help smooth out guiding? Guiding error is averaging 0.5" per night.

Also, is there a how-to for setting horizon limits correctly?

I'm using the Sky-Watcher EQ6-R Pro mount

Thanks for the help guys!
Alan
6 years 2 weeks ago #24134

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Replied by Jasem Mutlaq on topic EQMOD questions

Have you checked the EQMod documentation ?

EDIT: Looks like Horizon management is not documented there. Well, hopefully someone who used this functionality can explain it in detail and I'll update the documentation accordingly.
Last edit: 6 years 2 weeks ago by Jasem Mutlaq.
6 years 2 weeks ago #24145

• Thank you received: 88

Replied by Jean-Luc on topic EQMOD questions

Hi,PEC training works the same way as with the handcontroller. Guide on a star, engage PEC training and the firmware will wait for the mount pass the worm indexer and then records the resulting speeds in the EEPROM of the motor microcontroller. When it has finished (worm indexer) it toggles a status bit and you can see in the INDI Control panel the status of PEC training becoming green (whereas it remains busy/yellow while training). I've never tried myself however.For horizon limit just slew to the points along the horizon you want to set and hit the Add current button. The order of points is significant as Horizon uses a linear approximation between them. When you have finished hit the Write File button (saved in ~/.indi/HorizonData.txt which you can manually edit also).

Jean-Luc.
6 years 2 weeks ago #24151

• Thank you received: 109

Replied by Jim on topic EQMOD questions

I cannot find the PEC training in the INDI panel. Has it been removed? It is also possible I am blind.
6 years 2 weeks ago #24154

• Thank you received: 226

Replied by Andrew on topic EQMOD questions

I have never seen PEC training in INDI EQMOD either. I just assumed it was either never implemented or wasn't possible. It certainly would be nice if I could do that, and maybe use PecPrep with it.
My HEQ5 Pro should support it.
6 years 2 weeks ago #24162

• Thank you received: 88

Replied by Jean-Luc on topic EQMOD questions

PEC/PEC training is enabled in INDI EQMod for mounts which supports it, EQ8, AZEQ5/6, EQ6R too apparently. It is a motor controller firmware feature, the INDI driver just sends the corresponding commands to start/stop PEC/PEC training and don't then bother about it. It makes me think that this firmware PEC+guiding may not be a good idea as the firmware changes the motor speed unconditionnally, so some guide commands may be lost. There may have been some discussions already here.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Alan Mason
6 years 2 weeks ago #24164

Time to create page: 0.669 seconds