INDI Library v2.0.6 is Released (02 Feb 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

Recent INDI 1.7 upgrade, now alignment way out...

• Thank you received: 140
Just upgraded to the 1.7 INDI, and not sure if it is anything to do with this (probably not) but...
I always park my mount with the usual weights down scope up, this is saved in Ekos.
When I then start up and click an object in Kstars and slew to, the scope is normally pretty close, NOW I slew to my first object and the scope is out by approx 90 degree in RA, but DEC seems ok....it will return to a perfect home position so it knows where it is starting from, but it’s now way off every time, and a week ago it was perfect every time....and nothing has changed apart from the INDI update, which I can’t see causing this, so what else could be wrong.
I use and EQ6 pro mount with EQMOD with Ekos....and use a GPS module to set all parameters...any ideas..???
5 years 11 months ago #24976

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Ok, well I think I have found the problem, and it’s not to do with the recent Indi update, it’s the time offset in Kstars, each time I set it keeps defaulting to a -12 time offset which explains the issues, but when I change to 0 which it what it should be for me, it goes back to -12 .....any ideas, I am using a GSP module to get data, and am wondering if this is causing the issue....
5 years 11 months ago #25015

Well this is a weird one, took off GPS dongle and removed GPSD from my auxiliary items in user profile, and still when I start Indi it’s there in the tabs, which is really odd....and because of this it won’t let me change the setting to use info from Kstars instead of GPS....
So had to delete profile and create new one, and seems to have solved it, but now can’t use GPS dongle as it screws with time offset...
5 years 11 months ago #25017

Well I wish someone had replied to this topic and told me it was a bug in Kstars, and that it was being worked on, I see in the latest Kstars release the issue has been found and fixed, but I have spent three weeks wrestling with this assuming it was an issue with my kit and or GPS module, as the mount was slewing all over the place yet on the screen in Kstars it was showing correct slews...but time offset kept showing -12, in th end I ditched the GSP module deleted my profile and started again... ☹️☹️
5 years 11 months ago #25433

Time to create page: 0.228 seconds