Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
08 Apr 2018
INDI development team is happy to announce the release of INDI Library v1.7.0. This new exciting release builds on the maturity of INDI Library and comes with many new supported devices and fixes for existing drivers.
Read More...
  • Page:

TOPIC: wINDI and ASCOM EQMOD simulator

wINDI and ASCOM EQMOD simulator 3 months 1 week ago #25042

• NDD
  • NDD's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0
Hi,

I am trying to run kstar and ekos on my windows machine: for the moment, I am only running simulated devices. Everything seems ok, except for the mount: I can connect to the EQMOD simulator, but I don't get a "mount" tab in ekos, and the plate solving tab is greyed out and disabled. However, using the INDI scope simulator, everything works ok!
Any idea about what is going on? I am running Kstars 2.9.4 and wINDI on a Windows7 machine

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

wINDI and ASCOM EQMOD simulator 3 months 1 week ago #25044

Probably because Ekos expects some properties to be defined that are not defined by EQMod simulator? You can connect to INDI EQMod driver in simulation mode and that should work, but to get that to work under Windows requires quite a bit of work since most drivers run natively on Linux/Mac and not Windows.
The following user(s) said Thank You: NDD

Jasem Mutlaq
Support INDI & Ekos; Get StellarMate Astrophotography Gadget.
How to Submit Logs when you have problems?
Add your observatory info

wINDI and ASCOM EQMOD simulator 3 months 1 week ago #25050

• NDD
  • NDD's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0
Ok, thanks a lot.

The ASCOM EQMOD simulator works great using its native ASCOM drivers, so I guess the problem is with the wINDI server.
I will wait for (hopefully!) some more functional INDI server for windows: I really like INDI and kstars, and I would love to have a monolithic application for running all my imaging gear, but I am not really willing to add a second layer of complexity by having another computer running INDI natively and then connecting to this computer using my laptop.

wINDI and ASCOM EQMOD simulator 3 months 1 week ago #25052

Absolutely. Though for a lot of folks (myself included) the "2nd computer" is merely Raspberry Pi 3, so it's not exactly a huge investment. But there might be some investment in time to get all set up right away, or you could use something like StellarMate that is ready to go, or you could wait for better INDI server on Windows. Last year, I managed to build INDI server for Windows and this would work fine for mount+focuser drivers, but it wouldn't work of course work with the Linux camera drivers.

Maybe with Microsoft systems for Linux this could be a possibility in the future.

Jasem Mutlaq
Support INDI & Ekos; Get StellarMate Astrophotography Gadget.
How to Submit Logs when you have problems?
Add your observatory info
Last Edit: by knro.
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.106 seconds

Login

3rd Party

Choose from the numerous 3rd party INDI drivers to suit your needs!

Got Problem?

Check out the FAQ, the forum, and the bug tracking system to resolve any issues you might have!
You can also subscribe to INDI newsletter and development mailing lists to get the latest updates on INDI!

Gallery

Replica

Why INDI

Replica