INDI Library v2.0.6 is Released (02 Feb 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

Celestron SKYQ Support

• Thank you received: 0
Hello,
could you confirm that clestron SKYQ driver is now available in stellarmate ? thanks a lot

Richard
5 years 11 months ago #25404

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

I'm not entirely sure. You can set the mount IP address and port (2000) in the driver settings, but I don't think it was tested before. If Celestron uses the same commands as it does for other mounts then it should work just fine.
5 years 11 months ago #25405

SKYQ link is the celestron wifi interface in order to pilot the telescope without cable . As i am using stellarmate on a raspberry Pi , we have the wifi module on the rapsberry PI 3 so you can connect the Pi to the SKYQ or i can use the nexstar raket . i'm not familair with programation to modify a driver . i'll try with nexstar raquette.

thanks Richard.
5 years 11 months ago #25458

Is the SKYQ connected to your WiFi network? Do you know its IP address?
5 years 11 months ago #25461

So if anyone is checking this post, use the Celestron NexstarEvo driver for SKYQ and not the regular celestron driver.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Richard
5 years 10 months ago #25679

Hi Jasem,

thank you for yesterday's support , It seems to work well but i have just 2 questions

- When i use the mount control the telescope movement is not continuous i have to clic one again to move it ?? is there a parameter somewhere i forget ?
- For the park position on Kstar is located at 180° of the mount position ?? what is the starting position polaris ? how can you define another park position ?

thank you for your help
Last edit: 5 years 10 months ago by Richard.
5 years 10 months ago #25683
Attachments:

1. Using the mount control (Ekos --> Mount Tab --> Mount Control), you'll see a pad to control the mount. You need to keep pressing the button to keep motion. Once you let go, the motion stops.
2. Currently, the NexstarEvo driver does not save custom parking positions. I asked the driver developer (Pawel) to look into it.
5 years 10 months ago #25684

1- yes i know , i do that but i have to press again the button for moving ,, it's not continuous ??
2- Ok thanks keep me in the loop please.
5 years 10 months ago #25691

Do not press "again", press and HOLD and when done, release
5 years 10 months ago #25695

Of course i hold it always ! but after 5 s of movement it stops by it self even when i hold the button ?? on right ascension and déclinaison ??
5 years 10 months ago #25711

• Thank you received: 57
The nexstar evolution driver should support SkyQ as well, since the NSE have just SkyQ build in.
But note that I (developer) have only AltAz mount and did not test it on EQ variant.
The driver should work though. Note also that it is fairly new code and the scope needs to be supervised during operation.
Especially for EQ mounts. I would welcome any test reports and comments.
5 years 10 months ago #25713

Hi Jochym,
my mount is equatorial mount CG5 Celestron with a SKYQLINK adaptator. I will send you tests reports . thanks

Richard
5 years 10 months ago #25716

Time to create page: 0.265 seconds