INDI Library v2.0.6 is Released (02 Feb 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

Celestron SKYQ Support

• Thank you received: 57
Thanks. This seems fine for the AltAz mount. It starts in "North" horizon. For equatorial mounts this is not a correct parking position.
Is the mount moving when you apply movement control from Ekos?
You can test if it has any chance to work by first checking the movement from Ekos and then estimating the actual position of the mount and pointing to this position in kstars (with a mouse) and selecting nexstarevo->sync from the context menu. Then rotate the mount with movement control to the new approximate position and sync to it again and the same with third. If you do it only approximately correctly the pointing will be wrong but at least it should point in correct directions around sync points when you execute goto commands.
5 years 10 months ago #25870

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

I have just this procedure on my simulator assuming the Azm = RA and Alt = Dec and it worked fine. The positions, goto and tracking seem to be working. There is rather large drift due to my errors but the tracking is mainly (99%) in Azm (RA) and the speed is at least of correct magnitude (-18 vs -15 "/s).
So while it will be probably better to implement AltAz/EQ switch and custom parking positions it seems that after proper alignment this should be usable even on EQ mount.
But still remember to keep the power switch handy. I will ask Jasem how he implemented meridian switch in eqmod driver. Maybe it is not that difficult to add.
5 years 10 months ago #25871

• Thank you received: 0
Is the mount moving when you apply movement control from Ekos? yes, It moves quick well whent you select nexstarevo->sync i did that it moved on both axes but the goto doesn't work.
Last edit: 5 years 10 months ago by Richard.
5 years 10 months ago #25872

Please try aborting all move opening the movement control window from ekos (mount tab, button on the right).
Press stop just to be sure.
Check if you have correct coordinates in the Site Management tab of the driver (if you have gps running you can use gpsd driver to get these)
Drag the slider to finding position and try pressing the arrows while observing the mount.
If you switch off the alignment subsystem the Up/Down and Left/Right should move only one axis (tell me which is mapped to which but L/R should be RA, U/D should be Dec) - this one I cannot check for myself so I would appreciate detailed report - the more cases the better.
When you switch alignment on the movement should start to be "crazy".
Now you should try to align the mount by pointing and syncying - at least 3 points.
After this the movement should go to Ra/Dec and it should be possible to track some objects close to alignment triangle.
Check the tracking rates in the logs - it should be one axis only.
Do not get discouraged by crazy movements - the interplay of geographic position, mount encoder positions and RA/DEC <> Alt/Az conversions can be quite convoluted until you get all parameters right.
5 years 10 months ago #25873

Time to create page: 0.203 seconds