INDI Library v2.0.6 is Released (02 Feb 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

[SOLVED] Erratic behavior slewing South Kstars changes pier

• Thank you received: 10
[SOLVED] see next post

Hi,

I have configured my EQ-5 with custom motors and an AstroEQ controller using Astroberry (KStars, Ekos, INDI).

That works so far for every Star from West over North to East below the North Celestial Pole. When I point to an object in KStars across that boarder, the RA and DEC axes move reversed. Pier side (EQMod-Mount->Main Control Panel in INDI Control Panel) switches from "West (pointing East)" to "East (pointing West)". See the attached files from KStars.

I tried reconfiguring my mount controller to reverse the motors. But as everything works fine below the NCP, that did not work.
I also tried the "Reverse DEC" switch in EQMod-Mount->Main Control Panel in INDI Control Panel but that has no influence to the implementation of my controller.

I am always starting from the default park position North Central Pole / NCP (Site Management -> Options -> Default -> Write)
I am just Slewing/Tracking, not making images (meridian flip setting).
There is no alignment set (tried, but won't help in this case).

Greetings
Axel
Last edit: 5 years 9 months ago by Jasem Mutlaq.
5 years 9 months ago #26387

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 10
Hi everybody,

luckily I could solve the problem. I don't know exactly why it's working now but here is what I did:
  1. Installing EQMod, Stellarium_Scope and Stellarium on a windows pc. Configured EQMod driver for the mount. I got the same problems. But here, I could the reverse RA/DEC in the EQMod settings and the switches worked. So I found out, that the DEC axe slew wrong.
  2. I Reconfigured my mount controller to reverse DEC (in fact and in my case RA is reversed, DEC not).

Voilá ;-)

I took me a long way here. Because initially a already tried to reverse DEC in the pure Linux setup i can only assume, that either I missed something or the windows setup trigged something in the mount controller so everything is working now. Glad it's no bug.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Jasem Mutlaq
Last edit: 5 years 9 months ago by Axel .
5 years 9 months ago #26470

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.284 seconds