Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
08 Apr 2018
INDI development team is happy to announce the release of INDI Library v1.7.0. This new exciting release builds on the maturity of INDI Library and comes with many new supported devices and fixes for existing drivers.
Read More...
  • Page:

TOPIC: New at Indi

New at Indi 1 week 5 days ago #26525

• F1EBK
  • F1EBK's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0
Hi all,

I belong to a group of enthusiasts who aim to restore a 10m parabolic dish. We choose INDI for the range of clients we could use to control the dish.
Our first concern is to write an Indi driver for the mount with our specific hardware.

My first question is to put this new driver at the right place so we can write the driver in good condition.
I found that the 'indi/libindi/drivers/' would be a good place, but instead of adding the new driver to the rotator or telescope directories, I choose to add a new directory called LaVillette. Is this a good choice, or should it be placed elswere ?

Second, I have no practice in the compile process, so how could this new driver be included in the 'cmake' system ?

Thank you for your help.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

New at Indi 1 week 4 days ago #26529

Hi there,

If I'm not mistaken this should probably be placed in the 3rd Party drivers folder. Note that I think there are already two radio related projects in there already. Might they help you out with your new driver?

github.com/indilib/indi/tree/master/3rdparty/indi-radiosim
github.com/indilib/indi/tree/master/3rdparty/indi-rtlsdr

Thanks,

Rob

New at Indi 1 week 4 days ago #26532

Welcome to INDI! You need to create a repository on Github to build a 3rd party driver. Do you have any code yet? I can help you with structuring it a bit for INDI.

Jasem Mutlaq
Support INDI & Ekos; Get StellarMate Astrophotography Gadget.
How to Submit Logs when you have problems?
Add your observatory info

New at Indi 1 week 4 days ago #26533

rlancaste wrote: Hi there,

If I'm not mistaken this should probably be placed in the 3rd Party drivers folder. Note that I think there are already two radio related projects in there already. Might they help you out with your new driver?

github.com/indilib/indi/tree/master/3rdparty/indi-radiosim
github.com/indilib/indi/tree/master/3rdparty/indi-rtlsdr

Thanks,

Rob

We do not include custom drivers in the repo, only drivers for common or commercially available devices.

Jasem Mutlaq
Support INDI & Ekos; Get StellarMate Astrophotography Gadget.
How to Submit Logs when you have problems?
Add your observatory info

New at Indi 1 week 4 days ago #26542

• F1EBK
  • F1EBK's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0
Thank you very much for these informations. They are very valuable to me, and will help for sure to start this adventure with the right structure.

The radiosim and rtl-sdr example bring good informations also.

Thank you very much.

Of course this project is not for the repo, one need the correct hardware to use it, so it will be given to anyone who will ask for it.

I shall post other questions if I find any problem, it's often easier with someone who already knows the system.

Thanks.

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.089 seconds

Login

3rd Party

Choose from the numerous 3rd party INDI drivers to suit your needs!

Got Problem?

Check out the FAQ, the forum, and the bug tracking system to resolve any issues you might have!
You can also subscribe to INDI newsletter and development mailing lists to get the latest updates on INDI!

Gallery

Replica

Why INDI

Replica