INDI Library v2.0.6 is Released (02 Feb 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

Skywatcher AZ GTi with Ekos

• Thank you received: 30
The SkyWatcher Alt - Az driver is a driver that does not require a hand controller.
I am using a wired connection here.

(Will not it be usable wirelessly? Alignment is done with EKOS.
The home position is North Pole. )
5 years 7 months ago #28452

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Things that need attention are explained earlier, but it may be a problem of INDI as a whole, but the Park function is not working properly.

UnPark starts mounting, but to start in an unexpected direction, press the stop button on the Ekos mount controller to stop the mount.
Then use the Ekos mount controller or manually introduce any star and adjust the star using the planetarium software synchronization function such as Kstar .

If there is no problem with the Ethernet connection of the driver, I think that it works with the IP address and port number set in the smartphone.

The smartphone application is an emulation of the SynScan controller.

This driver has the same function.

I use Skywatcher Virtuoso with a serial cable.
5 years 7 months ago #28609

That was an explanation of the misunderstanding.
Connect the mount as a server. That is, connect directly to that IP port.

192.168.4.1 (mount radio address?)

Smartphones are not used.

The problem is whether the SynscanAltAz driver works with the above wireless connection on the port.
5 years 7 months ago #28611

> Mr.Jathm

Can I configure multiple ports for TCP / IP connection of the INDI driver?

If this function is realized, the SkyWatcher mount can be connected directly to the Wifi adapter released by the company without a hand controller.
(Of course Skywatcher AZ GTi too)

Equator mount driver
EQmod
AltAz mount driver
SynscanAltAz

I plan to purchase a WiFi adapter in the near future.
5 years 7 months ago #28614

• Thank you received: 24

Replied by Tarun on topic Skywatcher AZ GTi with Ekos

Sorry, I am not following what you intend to do here ? If you have the skywatcher AZ GTI you don't need to buy a wireless adapter. It should work both with the hand controller and with the inbuilt wifi.
5 years 7 months ago #28615

> Mr. tkottary

The smartphone application will be an application that soft emulates the SynScan controller.

The INDI driver has three SkyWatcher drivers.

· EQMOD
· SynScanAltAz
· Synscan

The driver connected to the hand controller of the telescope becomes SynScan.

The other two are directly connected by using a direct cable without using a steering controller.

This time AZ GTi, the manufacturer supported wireless connection directly.
As a result, a smartphone application that replaces the hand controller appeared.

I am using Skywatcher Virtuoso. Using Wifi adapter, it has the same function as AZ GTi.

INDI already has two drivers for the direct connection. Therefore, if the driver's TCP / IP connection corresponds to the port used by SkyWatcher's Wifi, you can use all mounts wirelessly.

(For AZ GTi, the SynScanAltAz driver is used instead of the smartphone application.)
5 years 7 months ago #28617

What I wanted to tell you is that if TCP / IP port setting of INDI's SynscanAltAz driver is compatible with SkyWatcher's Wifi, you can operate with Ekos directly without using smartphone applications.

The wireless connection of AZ GTi is the same as the company's Wifi adapter, so if the INDI driver that supports direct connection is able to connect SkyWatcher wirelessly, there are advantages for users using all SkyWatcher mounts.
5 years 7 months ago #28618

SynscanAltAz did not work for me with EQ mode setting on the mount. I had written to skywatcher to tell me on how to directly connect to mount without having to go via the app. I'll try what you say and report.
5 years 7 months ago #28621

None of the above drivers worked apart from indi_synscan_telescope. If we can connect to mount directly that will be great. Will follow up with Skywatcher.
5 years 7 months ago #28628

Below are the logs with Skywatcher Alt-Az Wedge driver with 192.168.4.1 11881 UDP settings.

[2018-08-14T22:54:02.538 PDT DEBG ][ org.kde.kstars.indi] - < Skywatcher Alt-Az Wedge >: < DEVICE_ADDRESS >
[2018-08-14T22:54:02.594 PDT DEBG ][ org.kde.kstars.indi] - < Skywatcher Alt-Az Wedge >: < CONNECTION_TYPE >
[2018-08-14T22:54:20.203 PDT DEBG ][ org.kde.kstars.indi] - Skywatcher Alt-Az Wedge : "[DEBUG] Connection successful, attempting handshake... "
[2018-08-14T22:54:20.203 PDT DEBG ][ org.kde.kstars.indi] - Skywatcher Alt-Az Wedge : "[SCOPE] SkywatcherAltAzSimple::Handshake "
[2018-08-14T22:54:20.207 PDT DEBG ][ org.kde.kstars.indi] - Skywatcher Alt-Az Wedge : "[SCOPE] InitMount "
[2018-08-14T22:54:20.207 PDT DEBG ][ org.kde.kstars.indi] - Skywatcher Alt-Az Wedge : "[SCOPE] CheckIfDCMotor "
[2018-08-14T22:54:25.198 PDT DEBG ][ org.kde.kstars.indi] - Skywatcher Alt-Az Wedge : "[SCOPE] SkywatcherAltAzSimple::Handshake - Result: 0 "
[2018-08-14T22:54:25.201 PDT DEBG ][ org.kde.kstars.indi] - Skywatcher Alt-Az Wedge : "[DEBUG] Handshake failed. "
[2018-08-14T22:54:25.202 PDT DEBG ][ org.kde.kstars.ekos] - Skywatcher Alt-Az Wedge is disconnected.
5 years 7 months ago #28641

• Thank you received: 37

Is your mount in EQ mode when you get this backtrace? Because this driver does not support EQ mode at all.
5 years 7 months ago #28660

I do not know that because here I directly attempted to connect to mount itself rather than going via the app. 192.168.4.1 is the mount IP.
I am guessing the default mode.of this mount is AZ? Because I have to chose AZ or EQ first when we connect through the SynScan app.
5 years 7 months ago #28668

Time to create page: 0.383 seconds