INDI Library v2.0.7 is Released (01 Apr 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

Pulsar2 issue with PyIndi client - parking/unparking

• Thank you received: 0
Hi everybody,

I'm of indi protocol and I'm trying to write a code to control my telescope by means the PyIndi-client.
The telescope is on fork mount and the Pulsar2 (PULSAR HAND 3.1 V5.7a firmware update 02/2018) manage the slewing.
I'm writing an almost automatic code to unpark, slew and park the telescope but testing one by one the single functions I had a problem with the park/unpark.
Running the code it seems that it is not able to send the command of park and unparking, so if the mount is parked and I run the code to unpark, it runs and ends successfully(that means without stop during the execution with some error) but the mount remain parked.
If someone has any suggestion about the possible problem of error please let me know.
Attached the code that I run, probably I was not very clear so if you need more details.

Thank you in advance
Daniele
5 years 8 months ago #27583
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 23
Hi, does park/unpark manually work for you in EKOS?
5 years 8 months ago #27658

• Thank you received: 0
Hi Camiel,

If there will be two reply is because I had some problem during the replying.
I tried to park/unpark the mount within EKOS and probably I had the same problem.
I park the mount and it works then when I tried to unpark the command seems to reach the timeout and the mount mount was unparked.
Attached an extract of the Log file of EKOS, I will try to send the command directly to the Pulsar by means of the serial Linux cmd to check the functionality, but any other suggestion are accepted.
Thank you
5 years 8 months ago #27719
Attachments:

Hi Daniele,
In your log file there are always 'junk' characters after the closing '#' in the responses strings send by the Pulsar2. These shouldn't be there. A possible cause is a bad serial connection between the computer and the Pulsar2.
5 years 8 months ago #27805

I have just tested the parking/unparking with my Pulsar controller (the predecessor of Pulsar2). This works in my setup.
I also have the 'junk' characters after the closing '#' so something changed, probably in the driver, because they were not there before. Despite that it doesn't seem to cause the problem you having.
The following user(s) said Thank You: daniele
5 years 8 months ago #27808

Time to create page: 1.115 seconds