INDI Library v2.0.6 is Released (02 Feb 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

iEQ mount issues

• Thank you received: 1
Hello everyone,

I have a few questions regarding kstars and the ekos iEQ driver.

First of all I have a rather noob question about the time settings in kstars. I setup my time site with the setup wizard, and noticed that it did not apply DST. I looked into the altitude and time settings, and noticed that my lat/long are correct, but the DST was set to --, and when I try to set it to yes, it gives me an error that the time site is read only and I need to create a new one. However the error seems to persist no matter how many I setup. Is there a correct operation procedure for getting the DST to stick? Once I manually correct the time, ekos then relays the correct information to my mount.

Second, when I launch ekos, and check the site settings on the INDI control panel for the iEQ mount, it shows my longitude as 272 degrees, my standard longitude is -87 degrees. Is that normal? Is it doing some sort 360 degree translation? I noticed that even with the correct time set, that while the longitude is set to 272 everything happens upside down, and backwards. After setting it manually in INDI control panel to -87 degrees HH:MM, it performs as normal. I've found myself having to do this every time despite saving the configuration. Is there another operating procedure to correct this that I need to be aware of in order to help keep both the time and longitude settings?

Thanks for any help, and sorry if these questions have been asked, I did a search and could not find anything that was exactly similar to what I am experiencing, outside of the FAQ on make sure your time site is correct.

--Miles
5 years 6 months ago #29505

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Replied by Jasem Mutlaq on topic iEQ mount issues

Press Ctrl+G or go to Settings --> Geographic Settings and make sure your information is correct. The 272 is correct, INDI measures the longitude Eastward+ you don't need to change that as the driver already make the necessary conversions when sending it to the mount.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Miles Chatterji
Last edit: 5 years 6 months ago by Jasem Mutlaq.
5 years 6 months ago #29511

• Thank you received: 1

Replied by Miles Chatterji on topic iEQ mount issues

Thank you this is good to know however I am still having trouble getting it to accept the DST. Please see the attached photo, Is there a way to get the dst change to stick in kstars?

Attachment not found

Its says that every time I change DST to US, and then when I go back to the menu its back to -- again.
Last edit: 5 years 6 months ago by Miles Chatterji.
5 years 6 months ago #29512

Replied by Jasem Mutlaq on topic iEQ mount issues

Turns out no DST rule was set for this particular city, I fixed that in GIT. For the time being, the quickest solution is to add a custom location and set all the information yourself. You can also simply change the city name to "My Home" for example and it will be saved as such.
5 years 6 months ago #29519

Time to create page: 0.345 seconds