INDI Library v2.0.6 is Released (02 Feb 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

Shoestring USB-serial with StellarMate

• Thank you received: 11
Has anyone tested this USB-serial cable with EKOS to control a Skywatcher Mount. I’m using EKOS on a StellarMate.

www.bintel.com.au/product/shoestring-usb2-eq5-interface/

I’ve been using their Bluetooth serial adapter but it just failed after only about 3mths of use. I’m thinking the cable will be more reliable than their BT adapter.

Thanks in advance.
5 years 6 months ago #29568

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 29
Actually I have not tried the cable, but can report that the BT adapter works reasonably well, at least in my case.

If I may ask - what exactly is not working?
5 years 6 months ago #29576

It has completely stopped working, not lights on it, no response to pairing commands, nothing. Agree, the BT adapter has been good (until now).
5 years 6 months ago #29578

• Thank you received: 74
It might be a dirty word (Windows) but have you tried it on Windows to see if it works - might not be the BT
RPI3 Ubuntu 16.04 / AMD desktop Kstars under Ubuntu 16.04 Mounts :azeq6 ,SWAZGoTo

RPI3 Fedora testing out on AMD desktop Fedpra 28 - running kstars 2.9.4 , Indilib 1.7.4 ?????
5 years 6 months ago #29582

I have the exact cable that I've been using since 2014, no issues at all. I used it with HEQ5 and EQ8 now.
5 years 6 months ago #29596

it's not registering on the StellarMate or on my Mac. Both have successfully connected and driven the mount before. Both can't be broken. It's the adapter is my 2cents.

I might try this cable seeing as Jasem has tested and used it extensively. Jasem I'm assuming you are using this with StellarMate? Is that correct.
5 years 6 months ago #29616

Yes, I use it all the time with StellarMate.
5 years 6 months ago #29747

Time to create page: 1.957 seconds