INDI Library v2.0.7 is Released (01 Apr 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

fully automated telescope control

• Thank you received: 0
Hello to everyone
I'm new to the forum.

I want ask about full automatic telescope control and image acquisition with indi for a semi-automatic supernova search program.
The complete software stack is composed by IRAf+PyRAF, for image analisys, offline astrometry.net for astrometric reduction
and indi for telescope control. The question is about telescope autoguiding, as i'm not found in the indi reference an helper class for telescope guiding,
including autoguider calibration phase.

Thank you very much for your answers.
9 years 3 months ago #2515

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Hello Rizzuti,

INDI only provides the driver layer, all advanced functionalities such as autoguiding rest with the clients. Currently, you can use either Ekos or OpenPHD to autoguide INDI devices.
9 years 3 months ago #2516

Ekos can be controlled by script like dbus feature o Kstars?
I need acquire guiding star, calibrate the guinding parameter and start guiding under program controll, without user interaction.
Obviously i can create a base configuration with guiding ccd parameters and focal length of guide scope.

Thank you
9 years 3 months ago #2521

Yes you can do this via DBUS, but you have to do all the analysis on your part. That is, you can aquire an image via DBUS for the guide CCD, then you can determine the guide star and calibrate ...etc.. the DBUS interface supports all INDI set/get properties.

I guess I can add more advanced features to DBUS interface to make automating Ekos more managable though.. give me sometime to think this over.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Luca
9 years 3 months ago #2522

this will be fine, i think something like ccd commander, but in a more linux way and in python B)
9 years 3 months ago #2523

• Thank you received: 41
Combing DBUS-Scripting and PyRAF in Python should enable you to perform completely automatic analysis. Tried something like this some time ago, but without DBUS control of KStars. Worked, but then I finished measurements for my thesis :D
9 years 3 months ago #2524

Hi Rizutti,

I also intend to integrate IRAF with INDI and I was wondering if you made any progress in this direction.
I did use and develop with IRAF over 20 years ago and since I'm back to astronomy but as an amateur this time, I intend to use it for my projects - one of them being close to what you want to do.

So if you made any progress that you could share, I would be interested to see what you've done and get your impression on integrating both platforms.

Have a great day!

- Edouard
8 years 8 months ago #4724

The Ekos DBUS interface is more advanced now and allows for fully automated operation, including auto calibration and guiding.
8 years 8 months ago #4743

Hi knro,

This is surely true. However, I was more thinking of integrating IRAF to INDI for image processing than the other way around.
I'll definitely have a deep look at there Ekos DBUS.

Thanks!

- Edouard
8 years 7 months ago #4747

• Thank you received: 13
I am sorry if this has been answered elswhere.
I recently saw this page, and it looks like the latest documentation I could find about DBus scripting in python is this one: indilib.org/support/tutorials/148-dbus-s...h-kstars-python.html

Are there some update explaining for instance how to script the autoguiding ?
5 years 8 months ago #28007

The following user(s) said Thank You: dolguldur
5 years 8 months ago #28014

• Thank you received: 13
Awesome ! Although I am a complete beginner to DBus scripting, I am going to make some experiments with this :)
5 years 8 months ago #28015

Time to create page: 1.211 seconds