INDI Library v2.0.6 is Released (02 Feb 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

[SOLVED] Problems with IEQ45pro libindi v1+ for my ZEQ25

• Thank you received: 3
Hi Jonkjon,

Happy to hear you're interested in this driver. I had to drop it for another project but keen to hear how you go.

Cheers
Yabby
The following user(s) said Thank You: Jon
8 years 4 months ago #5792

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 19
I made a little progress today. I have had much better luck working from the ieqpro45 code than the lx200basic. I managed to get the connection and model returned, the motion controls are working and the local time (not u.t.c. Time) set properly. I am having a devil of a time setting/getting the longitude and latitude. I still need to get the ra/dec coordinates working as well. I can only imagine what i'll run into there. ;)

--Jon
The following user(s) said Thank You: Ivan Aksenov
8 years 4 months ago #5818

I'm about ready to throw in the towel on this lat/lon setting. I've been at it all day and I just can't seem to understand what's going on with the ieqpro's handling of it. I know that the ieq protocol is using arcseconds whereas the zeq25 command set is not. I thought that i could just pass three integers in using :Sg sDDD*MM:SS#. I also can't seem to find anywhere in any of the ieq drivers where there is a call to get the lat/lon info to begin with.
I would consider just removing the lat/lon setting from the driver but, I can't seem to figure out how to omit it from the UI.
Can someone shed a little light on any of this to a novice? Thanks

--Jon
8 years 4 months ago #5819

Hi jonkjon,

Try :Gg# for longitude and :Gt# for latitude.
Have you seen this doc.
www.ioptron.us/ASCOM/RS-232_Command_language2013.pdf

compare this with
www.weasner.com/etx/autostar/2010/Autost...lProtocol2007oct.pdf

Hopefully you see the different commands and response for long. lat. and time requests.

cheers
yabby
Last edit: 8 years 4 months ago by Ivan Aksenov. Reason: corrected syntax
8 years 4 months ago #5822

Oh, ignore the Meade ref if you are modifying the ieqpro45 code.

I tried with success to hyperterminal my zeq25 and test the commands individually. Have you tried to hyperterminal and see the response of the handset to a request? Maybe we can work on this together for this week.

Have you seen this report of the work I did earlier?
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1e3wdyVDS...10195467&single=true

Cheers
Yabby
Last edit: 8 years 4 months ago by Ivan Aksenov. Reason: add more info
8 years 4 months ago #5823

Did you guys test LX200Basic driver after the latest change?
8 years 4 months ago #5827

No knro, I haven't updated any drivers since I initially installed Kstars
What's the quickest way to update the INDI driver pack?

sudo apt-get update
sudo apt-get install indi-full

or is there another way.?
8 years 4 months ago #5830

If you added my PPA, then just sudo apt-get update && sudo apt-get upgrade
The following user(s) said Thank You: Ivan Aksenov
8 years 4 months ago #5832

Knro,
Yes I have updated and tried the latest lx200basic. No change from previous functionality. It connects but nothing else works. I added your ppa and updated/upgraded. DId I miss something?

Yabby,
Thanks for the info but yes I have all of the command language references as well as the excellent spreadsheet comparing the differences between them. I also have the command set for the ieqpro. The ieqpro command “:Gg#" has a response of “sSSSSSS#” whereas the ZEQ25 command language has a response of "sDDD*MM:SS#". As you can see, the ieqpro is working from arcseconds. I setup a conversion inside of the set_ieqpro_longitude to set the lattitude on the handset as a test and it just doesn't format correctly. I used ":Sg%c%03d*%02d:%02d#" and passed in a sign and the three ints I parsed from the longitude and it still didn't work. I don't know what it expects now. I even tried directly passing in some values but still had no luck.
When I connect the ieqpro45 driver, the latitude and longitude populate under the management tab. The latitude shows correctly but the longitude is something ridiculous. As i mentioned earlier, i don't know how those values get there as I cannot find a call to get_ieqpro_longitude anywhere in any of the ieq drivers. In the control panel, if I type in the longitude (either as a decimal or sexagesimal format) and click on set, the resulting longitude in the ZEQ25 handset is nowhere close to what is entered. I obviously don't understand how to convert to the proper format.
Thanks for all of your help...

--Jon
8 years 4 months ago #5838

Please turn on logging and save to a file and send me the results. Do that before you click "Connect".
8 years 4 months ago #5851

• Thank you received: 6
Hi all,

to have the lx200 driver work correctly with my ZEQ25 I modified the lx200 code, instead of working with the IEQ45pro driver.
Now it seems to work pretty well with my mount but the problem is that in my local code, instead of "adding" a ZEQ driver, I directly modified (and totally screwed up ;) ) the original lx200, so my version would never work again with, say, a Meade scope (but that's not a problem for me since I don't own one... :) ).

I also created a patch file with the modifications I made so that I can possibly easily modify again the original code.
The whole thing is not really clean and polished yet but if anyone is interested I can publish it.

Ciao,
Piero
8 years 4 months ago #5852

knro,
Are you referring to the "Enable logging" button at the bottom of the control panel? I see the following there:

2015-11-13T13:36:43: Error loading user configuration. Unable to read user config file. Error loading file /home/indi/.indi/LX200 Basic_config.xml: No such file or directory. To save user configuration, click Save under the Configuration property in the Options tab.
2015-11-13T13:36:43: LX200 Basic is online. Retrieving basic data...

tango13;

Absolutely post it! That would be fantastic. You can always get the original lx200 driver back anyway by downloading it. I did the same thing but I made copies of the file before I edited them.

--Jon
8 years 4 months ago #5856

Time to create page: 0.778 seconds