INDI Library v2.0.7 is Released (01 Apr 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

Losmandy Titan/Gemini support

• Thank you received: 5
Hi All,
Today I tried to connect to my Losmandy Titan (Gemini 1controller). Connecting to Gemini goes fine but I'm unable to control the mount and I even think not all parameter are read from the mount. Btw, the LX200 basic driver gives the same result.

I've seen users successfully using Gemini with a G11 but I would like to know if the Titan also should work.

All info is welcome.
Thanks,
--Gerard
8 years 7 months ago #4819

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

I literally just added the new Losmandy driver by Sean Houghton less than two hours ago. You should have it in tomorrow's PPA update :-)
The following user(s) said Thank You: GerardvS
8 years 7 months ago #4820

• Thank you received: 5
Wow that’s great. I will update and test asap.
Last edit: 8 years 7 months ago by GerardvS.
8 years 7 months ago #4822

• Thank you received: 8
The Titan should work the same as a G11 as they both use the same Gemini. I'm testing with a Gemini 2 which is not quite the same. Which version/level of the firmware are you using? Not all of the commands work on all of the versions.

Also, I've found the easiest way to debug these problems is to run indiserver from the command line and connect to it with Ekos using 127.0.0.1. If you turn on full debugging you'll get a bunch of information from the indiserver console. The Gemini just ignores commands it doesn't understand which results in TTY timeouts waiting for the reply.
8 years 7 months ago #4823

• Thank you received: 2
Hello to all and let me start by saying that the work you're doing is outstading. I have a new G11 with the new gemini 2 control box and wanted to know how its support is doing. I use software like SGPro and AstroArt 5 to control but that's all done under ASCOM on windows. I have installed Ubuntu as well as Kstars and Ekos in order to support the project.

Thanks
8 years 6 months ago #5456

The only way to know if you test it yourself.
8 years 6 months ago #5466

Jasem

Absololutely, i will be the guinea pig and run my entire setup using INDI and EKOS, I will report my findings back.

Thanks.
8 years 6 months ago #5467

Well i am back home i had a quick go with my equipment using indi and Ekos. I started by adding myself as a user to dialout and that allowed the devices to connect properly except for my Gemni with is connected to the computer via ethernet. I am looking for a solution and will report my findings.
8 years 5 months ago #5550

Jasem/ALL

I have had success connecting to my gemini using the Gemini driver through the USB D port. I have found that port using the command dmesg and the port is /dev/ttyACM0 . I will trying to full run tonight using Ekos.
8 years 5 months ago #5551

Time to create page: 0.918 seconds