INDI Library v2.0.6 is Released (02 Feb 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

PHD 2.6 and Ekos external dithering support

• Thank you received: 32
A way to be able to use dithering via PHD 2.6 and EKOS would be so awesome, just to have that extra granular information (when needed to dive into guiding problems) and to have another way to polar align.
8 years 3 weeks ago #7160

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

I will try to add full PHD2 support to Ekos in the next few weeks.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Thomas Seckler, Giovanni, Anders Lange, Vincent Groenewold, Hans, Jim
8 years 3 weeks ago #7162

Did anyone ever mention you're an awesome developer? These kind of things make Ekos such a great tool on Linux, thanks a lot!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Thomas Seckler, Giovanni
8 years 3 weeks ago #7163

• Thank you received: 1
I completely agree! Thanks for your huge effort!
8 years 3 weeks ago #7185

Preliminary PHD2 support is here. Please start testing the PPA from tomorrow.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Giovanni, Vincent Groenewold, Magnus Larsson
8 years 1 week ago #7348

Superb, will do straight away. Thanks so much!
8 years 1 week ago #7353

So, no clear skies here yet, but I did try to connect both programs using the sims and that wasn't an issue! So looking ok, but will have to wait for a night to really test it.
8 years 6 days ago #7379

Wanna finally give this a proper try tonight. So last time I wondered what the correct order was, I can connect Ekos with PHD and "start autoguide" can be selected. However I first do all the calibration in PhD and PhD then already starts autoguiding automatically. Is that how I should start? Let PHD autoguide and then press the autoguide button in Ekos as well?
7 years 11 months ago #7667

If you start autoguide in PHD2, then upon starting Ekos it will detect that so no need to start autoguide in Ekos. On the other hand, if you fire up PHD2, and then Ekos, you can "Start Guide" and it will commands PHD2 to do so. So either order is OK.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Vincent Groenewold
7 years 11 months ago #7709

• Thank you received: 62
Hi!

I'm having some problems connecting to PHD2 from Ekos. I guess I am not setting host and port correctly.

I'm now running it on the local machine (no remote server), using simulators.

In PHD2, I click on the connect devices, and am presented the window for Indi server. I set the Hostname to localhost, and port o 7624 - right? If I use 4400 here (the value for port in the Kstars options - Modules tab) it does not connect to the simulator. I click connect, and then choose the Driver (CCD simulator). Should I then set the Port value here to 4400? Or 7624? I click OK, then connect in the devices window, and then do the same for the mount.

Then I go to Ekos and click Connect PHD2. ANd get the error:

2016-04-12T22:15:01 The connection was refused by the peer. Make sure the PHD2 is running, and check that the host name and port settings are correct.

What I do not get, is where I should use the 4400 port value. Or should I change this to 7624, the port the indi server runs on? A bit confusd. Grateful for some help here.

Magnus
7 years 11 months ago #7728

Don't change any port numbers unless you're doing something special. By default, INDI starts on 7624. By default, PHD2 starts on 4000.

So, steps:

1. Start PHD2, select your equipment if you haven't ready before. Do not connect anything.
2. Start Ekos. If PHD2 was already selected in KStars as your guider, then Ekos will connect to it on Ekos startup. If not, go to Guide tab and click "Connect PHD2".
7 years 11 months ago #7729

• Thank you received: 62
Hi!

I solved it. The server function needs to be enabled in PHD2, but mine wasn't..... Thanks for your patience!! :)

Magnus
7 years 11 months ago #7738

Time to create page: 0.690 seconds