INDI Library v2.0.7 is Released (01 Apr 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

Support for BloomSky weather station

• Thank you received: 9
I have a Bloomsky Weather station and I was wondering if support could be added to Indilib/Ekos for it. They are GIVING them away to those who would fill out a form here: community.bloomsky.com. Its how I got mine! Its really a nice station and includes a camera and solar panel for power. You can see my weather station data here: map.bloomsky.com/weather-stations/gqBxp6apnJSnnJW3

They recently started the developers program and the info for that is available here: weatherlution.com/bloomsky-api/ - Looks like data is returned from the device in a JSON format..
7 years 10 months ago #8460

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 76
Looks interesting. I tried to fill in the form but maybe its finished now (or not available from Ireland). I would write a driver if I could get a free station :-)

I wrote an indi driver for a weather station that has a json API. Maybe it could help someone. github.com/dokeeffe/cloud-rain-monitor

Derek
7 years 10 months ago #8462

Also, INDI WunderGround driver uses JSON API, so you can copy it and customize it for your BloomSky. Let us know if you get it working!
7 years 10 months ago #8464

• Thank you received: 76
Oh yea good point :-) Actually I copied the INDI WunderGround driver for my one. Probably a safer bet to use the WunderGround codebase than my one :-)
7 years 10 months ago #8465

• Thank you received: 9
Awesome, let me see what I can cobble together ;-) Is this still the best way to get the source and start writing?

indilib.org/forum/general/210-howto-buil...st-libindi-ekos.html

I have kstars-bleeding installed on ubuntu 16.04, if I download the source and compile/install, do I need to be aware of anything? I assume the source version and kstars-bleeding versions can co-exist? Not really a software guy here. I know just enough to be dangerous ;-)
Last edit: 7 years 10 months ago by John Scherer.
7 years 10 months ago #8475

Start with Setting Development Environment for INDI development.
7 years 10 months ago #8476

Time to create page: 0.236 seconds