INDI Library v2.0.6 is Released (02 Feb 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

Synchronizer for 2 and more CCD cameras

• Thank you received: 95
Some amateurs have two, three and more similar CCD cameras in wide field astrographs.

IMHO, special synchronizer will be very useful for similar cases.
You can try my open project Astronomy Linux
Last edit: 7 years 9 months ago by Oleg.
7 years 9 months ago #8900
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 174
Hi Oleg, what kind of synchronisation do you mean? I can imagine, that you will run multiple instances of imager agent each controlling one camera and filter wheel. In this case it may have a sense if agents will snoop each other to make sure that multiple image download will not occur in the same time. Is it what you mean?

The question is, if there is real demand for such solution. I don't believe you will run such setup with single headless RPi or something similar and if you will do, it will be probably better to use separate RPi camera to avoid USB issues. If you will use real computer/notebook, you will needn't imager agent.

Some years before I had an idea to make guider agent the same way as imager agent (server-side guiding configured from client-side) and in this case it would be useful if guider agent will snoop imager agent to suspend guiding while image download or to initiate dithering. But this is probably something different. Peter
7 years 9 months ago #9015

In short, I say about the double astrograph.
7 years 9 months ago #9017

Cartes du Ciel v.3.11 has similar feature: see more information on page www.ap-i.net/skychart/en/documentation/toolbox?s[]=phd
Last edit: 7 years 9 months ago by Oleg.
7 years 9 months ago #9018
Attachments:

OK, but do you mean download time synchronisation of two agent instances?

This is probably PHD remote control, my idea was server side guiding by headless agent.
7 years 9 months ago #9019

I talk about the synchronization of operations: take biases frames, take darks frames, take lights frames...
7 years 9 months ago #9023

Hm, I understand. In this case the only piece missing is CCD_FRAME_TYPE in batch setup. Everything else can be done with imager agent as it is (or with two instances of it).

On the other hand, you will not shoot BIAS and DARK frames in the field and I have no idea how to make FLAT frames in the field automatically (right exposure time can be an issue as well, but now I mean mechanical point of view), do you? Peter
7 years 9 months ago #9025

• Thank you received: 9
I already taught about something like this. IMHO it should be necessary to sync the exposures, so the dithering can be done when all cameras are downloading. What is the function of this image agent and snooping? Is there a tutorial on that?

I want one mount to track and two cameras to take images at the same time and dithering when all cameras are “on hold”. Is that already possible?
7 years 9 months ago #9033

7 years 9 months ago #9035

The following user(s) said Thank You: Jasem Mutlaq
7 years 7 months ago #9836
Attachments:

Time to create page: 0.263 seconds