INDI Library v2.0.6 is Released (02 Feb 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

Driver OnStep (LX200 like) for INDI

• Thank you received: 22
I haven't seen the latest but it's already working better than the intro one that he has now so it should be okay. We might even get more testers and or bug reports. :D
6 years 1 month ago #23059

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 71
I hope so, I mean having more bug repports.
I have seen one more this morning, Scope was Idles but in fact tracking, where the hell did I find the idea to declare the Scope as Idle after unparking.

- Solved.

Are you familiar with Git? Maybe there is a way to have bug tracking in it. any idea is welcome
6 years 1 month ago #23065

• Thank you received: 22
I think the main Indi git has it already. -- yep. found it. We should probably keep an eye on it for OnStep related Issues. I think we can "watch" it to get notifications. Doesn't seem very busy, probably because of the forum and main website.
github.com/indilib/indi/issues
6 years 1 month ago #23076

many thanks,
I will have a look.
Did nothing today, except remountin,g tiles on my roof :blink: too much wind, nothing compared to the state but unusual for the region.
A propos region? what is the time shift between France and where you are?
6 years 1 month ago #23078

• Thank you received: 223
I've decided to place an order for a few MiniPCB's and use OnStep for my project. Happy coding team ;)
6 years 1 month ago #23079

• Thank you received: 9
Hi Alain, stopping by this forum post to say hi and offer my assistance, however I can. I was the guy on the onstep forum recently asking about focuser support for indi. I recently acquired Celestron labeled Losmandy G11 mount that I will be converting to OnStep shortly. My MaxPCBs should actually be here today, and the components to build it should be here tomorrow. The mount itself needs a bit of TLC and a few upgrades (mostly the Ovision worm upgrade), which will take a while to get here, and I'm having the stepper motor mounting brackets made as well and they should be done in a few weeks. I should, however, have my MaxPCB board up and running in short order.

Currently, my wife and I live in San Diego CA, but recently bought a 40' motorhome to travel around the USA/CANADA for a few years, in an effort to find some land that we can build a home on (with dark-skys for sure).
6 years 1 month ago #23081

Hard time, waiting for UPS father christmass :cheer:

Mine are all on breadboard for now, MaxPCB on the way.
But Still in the oven, a PCB design to be included in the body of my Old Eq6
For the time the mount is running will a 20 years old controller based on PIC and really basic (Goro, Sync, Autoguiding, PEC)
I cant find the heart to dismantle my old mount for the time beeing.
Project is to first build the observatory where I intend to install the new Eq6-R mount.

The last month were really cloudy and it seems clear wheater is still far away :(
6 years 1 month ago #23083

I did think about just breadboarding the layout. It's pretty simple. but in the end, I just ordered the PCBs from Oshpark. I have three boards coming, and I think I'll keep two of them, so if anyone else needs/wants a MaxPCB board, let me know. I think the individual costs/board for me was around $24 USD.
6 years 1 month ago #23085

Hi Jrsphoto,

Welcome to this place.

Assistance is always welcome, everybody can bring a piece to the project based on their experience.
Mine are relatively limited, in this project I am learning more than actually doing things.

The Story started some time ago with a push to InDi Master accepted by Jasem.
This was really a quick and dirty one but helped to experiment arround OnStep with Indi.

Now the iodea is to make it user friendly, in the shape identical to other Indi drivers (mean having controls at the same place)
and to have a new release when we feel here it is mature enough.

I think the ideal would be to keep functionalites as for now except Focuser that I would like to have more OnStep oriented, and to concentrate on bug free running.

The kind of help could be:
- testing and bug report of the driver
- testing the behaviour within Ekos
- helping to have the interface more consistent to the user (Like Blueshawk said)
- code review, think this is important because of my lack of programing experience

What is TLC?

Yes looking for dark skies is really a challenge today specially in Europe.
The following user(s) said Thank You: james_lan
6 years 1 month ago #23089
Attachments:

• Thank you received: 39
Your work has been awesome, I started my own hacking on indi lib, then noticed this, and that you'd already done what I was working on. :)

There's one thing however that's not working, which is longitude with the latest off github (I saw no way to report issues there.) I'm at -97 longitude, and INDI/OnStep have an issue with that, both with the released one and with the latest one built before last night. (I think it included the parking fix.) At above about 260 degrees it seems to fail (-97 also fails) I've looked through both code bases and I can't see why. I did find some comment (not sure where) about it not doing it as an lx200 does.

I'm using a Mega 2560 with the beta version currently.

Another question, the EKOS Astrometry module, after Align has been selected will the mount model (with 3 points) work? (I assume it would.)
6 years 1 month ago #23091

• Thank you received: 39
I thought I'd posted before but apparently not.

Anyway, thanks azwing, I was going to work on a lot of what you've already done.

I do have one problem (OnStep Beta and Mega2560. USB connection) and current (as of yesterday) both your and regular INDI. It's that the longitude won't be set I"m at -97 20 16.00 Which turns into 262:39:44 in INDI. However, values above ~260 don't seem to work. I'm not quite sure why after looking at INDI and Onstep. Nor do negative values.

Examples, setting to 97:
[2018-02-06T22:43:30.197 CST DEBG ][ org.kde.kstars.indi] - LX200 OnStep : "[SCOPE] <setSiteLongitude> "
[2018-02-06T22:43:30.197 CST DEBG ][ org.kde.kstars.indi] - LX200 OnStep : "[SCOPE] CMD <:Sg097:00#> "
[2018-02-06T22:43:30.214 CST DEBG ][ org.kde.kstars.indi] - LX200 OnStep : "[SCOPE] CMD <:Sg097:00#> successful. "
[2018-02-06T22:43:30.214 CST DEBG ][ org.kde.kstars.indi] - LX200 OnStep : "[SCOPE] <setSiteLatitude> "

Setting to actual location
[2018-02-06T22:38:25.814 CST INFO ][ org.kde.kstars.indi] - LX200 OnStep : "[INFO] Mount is unparked. "
[2018-02-06T22:38:25.814 CST DEBG ][ org.kde.kstars.indi] - LX200 OnStep : "[DEBUG] InitPark Axis1 0 Axis2 0 "
[2018-02-06T22:38:25.814 CST DEBG ][ org.kde.kstars.indi] - LX200 OnStep : "[SCOPE] <setSiteLongitude> "
[2018-02-06T22:38:25.814 CST DEBG ][ org.kde.kstars.indi] - LX200 OnStep : "[SCOPE] CMD <:Sg-97:20#> "
[2018-02-06T22:38:25.814 CST DEBG ][ org.kde.kstars.indi] - LX200 OnStep : "[SCOPE] CMD <:Sg-97:20#> failed. "
[2018-02-06T22:38:25.815 CST INFO ][ org.kde.kstars.indi] - LX200 OnStep : "[ERROR] Error setting site longitude coordinates "
[2018-02-06T22:38:25.815 CST DEBG ][ org.kde.kstars.indi] - LX200 OnStep : "[SCOPE] CMD <:GR#> "
[2018-02-06T22:38:25.815 CST DEBG ][ org.kde.kstars.indi] - LX200 OnStep : "[SCOPE] RES <01:49:32> "
[2018-02-06T22:38:25.816 CST DEBG ][ org.kde.kstars.indi] - LX200 OnStep : "[SCOPE] VAL [1.82556] "
6 years 1 month ago #23093

Oh, sorry, funny.. TLC = tender, loving, care ;-) Sometimes, when you buy something thats nice but not perfect, and need a bit of work, we say it needs a little TLC.
Last edit: 6 years 1 month ago by John Scherer.
6 years 1 month ago #23095

Time to create page: 0.617 seconds