INDI Library v2.0.7 is Released (01 Apr 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

[SOLVED] Filter wheel simulator and filters number

• Thank you received: 9
Hi,
It would be nice if it was possible to set the number of available filters slots in the simulator wheel. This would enable to create sequences for any type of filter wheel without the need to connect a _real_ filter wheel.

At least, just increasing the number of slots from 5 to 7 would allow me to create and prepare sequences for my Atik FW2 from my laptop without the need to be at home and connected to my equipment. Please find attached a patch for that purpose where I added two slots for OIII and SII filters.

Sebastien
7 years 8 months ago #9661
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Done. I increased them to 8 in both the CCD & Filter wheel simulators!
7 years 8 months ago #9666

• Thank you received: 226
Maybe this glitch is related? But when CCD Simulator is added in the profile, it also places a filter wheel in the CCD & Filter Wheel panel that I can not turn off, even though I only use a DSLR. I think this can get in the way while using CCD Simulator as a device for PHD2 to interface with.
7 years 3 months ago #13187

Why are you using CCD Simulator with PHD2? for what?
7 years 3 months ago #13217

• Thank you received: 226
I probably just misunderstood something I read in one of the threads.Unfortunately I simply can not locate again after searching for it. It had something to do with choosing an INDI Camera in PHD2. And I'l still just testing things to see how they work.
Incidentally what I was getting to is having CCD Sensor enabled makes it appear in the FW section with a real DSLR attached.
7 years 3 months ago #13243
Attachments:

• Thank you received: 0
Perhaps has been solved elsewhere, but I didn't find it. I have a SBIG STL11000 with an attached filterwheel FW8-STL. I did a test profile and the camera and filterwheel works, but presents only 5 filter positions. I tried to configure later the FW simulator to see if that open 8 room spaces on the configuration, but inside the camera windows, the filterwheel label presents still only 5 positions.
Anything that can be reconfigured?
Thanks,
5 years 9 months ago #27157
Attachments:

The filter slot slider can move up to what?
5 years 9 months ago #27158

Time to create page: 0.647 seconds