INDI Library v2.0.7 is Released (01 Apr 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

Scheduler starting even when some devices fail

• Thank you received: 32
Or maybe a warning that starting EKOS is going to fail because of a device being offline? Maybe by trying to start EKOS when "start scheduler" is pressed for a quick check-up. Now it may happen that I just disconnected a device, scheduled something and when it was time to start it just failed because of that. But it could happen I went to bed already.. :)
7 years 7 months ago #10104

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

It shouldn't start if a device is not connected. Ekos logs?
7 years 7 months ago #10119

No, it doesn't do that indeed. What I meant was that it would be nice to have an indication that a connection problem is going to take place when the scheduler wants to start Ekos later on. Now I press "Start Scheduler" and it goes to sleep until the time is right, which could be in the middle of the night when I sleep... I can imagine that I forgot to connect a device, but there's no indication about that when I start the scheduler. That would be nice, maybe.
7 years 7 months ago #10122

Well, I added a Notification event when the scheduler aborts for whatever reason. You can use KDE Notification settings to customize what happens on the event, by default it just plays an error sound. You can customize it to do whatever you need like send an email or run a script to wake you up! But predicting the future is not yet in Ekos features list :P
The following user(s) said Thank You: Vincent Groenewold
7 years 7 months ago #10153

Oh shoot, I thought you were able to perform miracles! ;) It was just an idea to see if Ekos could check at the start by itself, but ofcourse people can already do that themselves. Thanks for the notification event though!
7 years 7 months ago #10157

Time to create page: 0.412 seconds