INDI Library v2.0.7 is Released (01 Apr 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

A few features request in Ekos

• Thank you received: 9
Hi,

I am using Ekos for a few month and I am very happy with it :)
Please find below is a list of small usefull things that would be, imho, useful for the Ekos user I am and maybe for others ;)

1. It would be nice if there was a job sequence duration calculator in the Ekos Sequence Module. That is, just a line giving the total duration in HH:MM:SS of the whole sequence.
2. A Pause/Resume sequence button in addition to the stop/start buttons. Some time we just want to pause the sequence at the end of the current exposure, in order to check if everything is ok on the scope/mount/cables or do every thing you need, and then resume the sequence from where it paused.
3. In the mosaic job creation tool, one have to manually fill the scope focal length and camera pixels numbers and size. It would be nice if those informations are fetch from the INDI devices themself.
4. In the Ekos main summary tab, additionnal informations such as the HFR in the focus area and SigRa and SigDEc in the guiding area are usefull. I have attached a screenshot where I added the modifications I talk about as an example.
5. Finally, don't dither before filter change. It is not needed...

Sebastien
7 years 7 months ago #10118
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

I just checked the logs : Ekos already don't dither on filter change :oops:
7 years 7 months ago #10120

1. Done, don't rely on it though.
2. Done in both Scheduler and Capture modules. This might have introduced bugs though as the workflows in both of these modules are quite complex, we'll see.
3. Mosaic can be planned without Ekos being connected, and I thought those are 1-time settings, no?
4. It's already too crowded there, will see what I can do.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Sebastien Corot
7 years 7 months ago #10150

Thank you :cheer:

1. I feel stupid but I can't see where to found the calculated sequence duration :unsure: .
2. Great :) Works fine. As a probable bug I found that the scheduler wait for twilight even if this constaint is disabled.
3. About Mosaic, you are right, this is a one 1-time setting. The reason I asked for this, is that I use two cameras :P : One Atik 314+ CCD and a Canon 40D DSLR for wider fields. Perhaps such case should be handled differently... Your notice about the fact that the mosaic can be prepared without the equipement connected make me think the camera profile stored in the Kstars FOV calculator can be used instead.
4. Agreed.
7 years 7 months ago #10165

• Thank you received: 812
I was just testing the pause functionality and it seems to work pretty well. I am not sure, however, how this functions differently than stopping and then restarting the sequence, since when you do that, it picks up right where you left off. Other than, of course, it will continue to display the fact that it is paused and where. Or am I missing something?
7 years 7 months ago #10178

Biggest difference is that you can "Pause" the sequence while scheduler in progress. If you stop it, the scheduler will also terminate the job. For scheduler, it always restarts the whole process (i.e. Steps) if you stop and start again, but if you pause it will continue from whatever point you paused at.
7 years 7 months ago #10181

Ok, so if I am understanding correctly, if you are running it from the Capture Module, the pause button for the sequence is not that different from the stop button assuming you have it set to resume aborted jobs. But in the Scheduler, there is a huge difference because of all the other things it needs to do to run the schedule. I guess the only way to pause the scheduler before was to just stop it all.
7 years 7 months ago #10184

Another difference is that "Stop" would abort an ongoing exposure, while "Pause" does not. It only pauses after an exposure is complete.
7 years 7 months ago #10187

Ah yes, that is nice. Like a gentler version of stop.
7 years 7 months ago #10188

Time to create page: 0.840 seconds