Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
27 Feb 2017
INDI development team is happy to announce the release of INDI Library v1.4.0. This new exciting release builds on the maturity of INDI Library and comes with many new supported devices and fixes for existing drivers. Several improvements and enhancements are included in this release including native support for Cygwin and MacOS platforms in addition to Linux, BSD, and Windows (Client only).
Read More...
  • Page:

TOPIC: Add a planner to Kstars and/or EKOS

Add a planner to Kstars and/or EKOS 2 months 1 week ago #13884

Add a parameter driven search and planning function based on the available catalogs (mag, constellation, separation, start type and so on). Allow the list to be sorted and tagged, then imported into EKOS. See DeepSky (I use this one now), Deep-Sky planner or maybe Astro Planner.

Info:
www.cloudynights.com/page/articles/cat/u...and-skytools-3-r2831

Thank you...

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Add a planner to Kstars and/or EKOS 2 months 1 week ago #13901

It's right there in the menu --> Observation ---> Observation Planner (Ctrl+L shortcut)

Add a planner to Kstars and/or EKOS 2 months 1 week ago #13910

knro,

I see the chooser... but how do I get a list of-

1) all galaxies in Ursa Major brighter then m15 and dimer than m9?
2) all double stars (no catalog or object type "double") with magnitudes between m8 and m14 with separations between 0.6 and 1.5 arc sec in Orion ?
3) I need a comp star so need am m12 type A7V in Orion

I can do this with DeepSky and the other tools mentioned look like they do too. I can export a CVS file form DS if I have an import function (already listed for EKOS). I can even bring the WDS catalog into KStars, but can't call them doubles and cant even list them. Chooser is fine for the common and popular items, but not so much for once off the beaten path of if the target list is long.

I don't expect this BTW, just getting the request on the "wish list".
The following user(s) said Thank You: knro

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.234 seconds

Login

3rd Party

Choose from the numerous 3rd party INDI drivers to suit your needs!

Got Problem?

Check out the FAQ, the forum, and the bug tracking system to resolve any issues you might have!
You can also subscribe to INDI newsletter and development mailing lists to get the latest updates on INDI!

Gallery

Replica

Why INDI

Replica