Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
20 Aug 2017
INDI development team is happy to announce the release of INDI Library v1.5.0. This new exciting release builds on the maturity of INDI Library and comes with many new supported devices and fixes for existing drivers.
Read More...
  • Page:

TOPIC: Increasing max CCD Simulator size?

Increasing max CCD Simulator size? 9 months 1 week ago #14464

• pauledd
  • pauledd's Avatar Topic Author
  • Gold Boarder
  • Gold Boarder
  • Thank you received: 30
I dont know if it wuld be useful for others but I just tried to simulate my Canon 700D with the CCD Simulator but it seems that SIM_XRES/SIM_YRES is limited up to 4096.
My canon has X res of 5184, so I cant simulate it.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

--= human, without Windows™ =--
pls excuse my bad english! :)

Increasing max CCD Simulator size? 9 months 6 days ago #14493

• emk
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 1
Only way coming to my mind is to go into the ccd_simulator.cpp and change the max value of the SIM_XRES and SIM_YRES Number Properties in initProperties().
bool CCDSim::initProperties()
{
    //  Most hardware layers wont actually have indi properties defined
    //  but the simulators are a special case
    INDI::CCD::initProperties();

IUFillNumber(&SimulatorSettingsN[0],"SIM_XRES","CCD X resolution","%4.0f",0,4096,0,1280);
    IUFillNumber(&SimulatorSettingsN[1],"SIM_YRES","CCD Y resolution","%4.0f",0,4096,0,1024);
    IUFillNumber(&SimulatorSettingsN[2],"SIM_XSIZE","CCD X Pixel Size","%4.2f",0,60,0,5.2);
    IUFillNumber(&SimulatorSettingsN[3],"SIM_YSIZE","CCD Y Pixel Size","%4.2f",0,60,0,5.2);
    IUFillNumber(&SimulatorSettingsN[4],"SIM_MAXVAL","CCD Maximum ADU","%4.0f",0,65000,0,65000);
    IUFillNumber(&SimulatorSettingsN[5],"SIM_BIAS","CCD Bias","%4.0f",0,6000,0,10);
    IUFillNumber(&SimulatorSettingsN[6],"SIM_SATURATION","Saturation Mag","%4.1f",0,20,0,1.0);
    IUFillNumber(&SimulatorSettingsN[7],"SIM_LIMITINGMAG","Limiting Mag","%4.1f",0,20,0,17.0);
    IUFillNumber(&SimulatorSettingsN[8],"SIM_NOISE","CCD Noise","%4.0f",0,6000,0,10);
    IUFillNumber(&SimulatorSettingsN[9],"SIM_SKYGLOW","Sky Glow (magnitudes)","%4.1f",0,6000,0,19.5);
    IUFillNumber(&SimulatorSettingsN[10],"SIM_OAGOFFSET","Oag Offset (arcminutes)","%4.1f",0,6000,0,0);
    IUFillNumber(&SimulatorSettingsN[11],"SIM_POLAR","PAE (arcminutes)","%4.1f",-600,600,0,0); /* PAE = Polar Alignment Error */
    IUFillNumber(&SimulatorSettingsN[12],"SIM_POLARDRIFT","PAE Drift (minutes)","%4.1f",0,6000,0,0);
    IUFillNumber(&SimulatorSettingsN[13],"SIM_ROTATION","Rotation CW (degrees)","%4.1f",-360,360,0,0);
IUFillNumberVector(SimulatorSettingsNV,SimulatorSettingsN,14,getDeviceName(),"SIMULATOR_SETTINGS","Simulator Settings","Simulator Config",IP_RW,60,IPS_IDLE);

from here: ccd_simulator.cpp
The following user(s) said Thank You: pauledd

Increasing max CCD Simulator size? 9 months 5 days ago #14536

• pauledd
  • pauledd's Avatar Topic Author
  • Gold Boarder
  • Gold Boarder
  • Thank you received: 30
Thanks, that works.

--= human, without Windows™ =--
pls excuse my bad english! :)
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.075 seconds

Login

3rd Party

Choose from the numerous 3rd party INDI drivers to suit your needs!

Got Problem?

Check out the FAQ, the forum, and the bug tracking system to resolve any issues you might have!
You can also subscribe to INDI newsletter and development mailing lists to get the latest updates on INDI!

Gallery

Replica

Why INDI

Replica