INDI Library v2.0.7 is Released (01 Apr 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

Configure ekos for camera lens use

• Thank you received: 12
Hi, I'm trying to test a new hardware configuration: I brought out all my old photographic lenses Minolta to install them in front of my camera instead of my telescope. However in EKOS, the configuration of the mount tab is oriented telescope (aperture / focal length), not really photographic as that proposed in the tool field of view of kstars. Would it be possible to add the ability to inform only the focal length if only I use a camera lens? This would be useful for the alignment module.
Thanks!
7 years 2 weeks ago #15906

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 37
Hi,

I use my Virtuoso mount in two different configurations: telescope+CCD camera and only standalone DSLR camera. I found the alignment module in Ekos very sensitive to the calculated FOV based on the set focal length/aperture settings. Basically, the alignment fails if it is not accurate. Probably, I do something wrong, but the calculated FOV is all the time very off, if I set the real values. My method to find out a specific setting:

- Do a test image with the camera, upload to nova.astrometry.net. Check the FOV in the results.
- Play with the aperture and focal length settings, until the calculated FOV in the alignment module matches with the real FOV results from nova.astrometry.net.
7 years 2 weeks ago #15936

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.209 seconds