INDI Library v2.0.6 is Released (02 Feb 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

Flat Dark - Sequence List and Filename

• Thank you received: 11
When I create and save a sequence of Flat_Dark exposures (using the Dark as the selector) the filter name isn't recorded/shown in the Ekos Panel sequence list but it does change the filter when the sequence is actually Run. In addition the subsequent filename, prefixed with Flat_ to create Flat_Dark doesn't record the filter name, even when the check box is ticked. I presume these two things are related.

Flat Darks should be same exposure as Flats which in my case range from 0.299sec to 17.88 seconds
Skywatcher 190MN - EQ6 Pro (with Belt Mod) - ASI1600MM-Cooled - ASI EFW7 - ASI120MM - WO f4 Guide Scope - Rigel nStep - KStars/Ekos - KDE - PixInsight
6 years 10 months ago #16705

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 31
I am confused by what you are doing. When you select dark, that means your are taking a dark with the shutter closed so the filter does not apply. If you are taking a dark for a flat it still makes no difference.
6 years 10 months ago #16707

My Flat_Darks need to be taken at same exposure as my Flats which have different exposures for each filter used. Therefore, for clarity, it would be great to see filter name in sequence and filename.
Skywatcher 190MN - EQ6 Pro (with Belt Mod) - ASI1600MM-Cooled - ASI EFW7 - ASI120MM - WO f4 Guide Scope - Rigel nStep - KStars/Ekos - KDE - PixInsight
6 years 10 months ago #16708

• Thank you received: 31
So what you really need is not the filter but the exposure length since each time you take flats it may use a different time. Unfortunately the time is always recorded in seconds so very short times don't get added to the file name correctly.

I think you are worrying needlessly - I have stopped taking darks for my flats as I have found it makes no noticeable difference.
Last edit: 6 years 10 months ago by Paul.
6 years 10 months ago #16711

I of course appreciate that Flat Darks are a personal choice as Ekos already has selectable Bias, Dark, Flat and Light it would be desirable for me, and may be others, to have Flat Dark conveniently available to automate the creating of folders, sequence fields and file names.
6 years 10 months ago #16733

Time to create page: 0.378 seconds