INDI Library v2.0.6 is Released (02 Feb 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

Use Fitsviewer for Raw statistics (Canon,Nikon,...)

• Thank you received: 34
With Linux I found it very annoying to get reliable image statistics from images acquired during a kstars session (native image format).
Sometimes I want to review captured raw files for proper exposure but the current window that opens when a raw has been captured
does not reflect the true exposure, please correct me if I am wrong, it shows the (*.cr2) embedded thumbnails that is a jpg with nonlinear
representation of the light.
It would be very "cool" to have the native images also shown in the fitsviewer and also with detailed image statistics like mean/min/max/std.dev.
It is quite hard to get those statistics in linux via command line from a cr2 file (please enlighten me how you do that(without huge apps like PI)).
I currently use imagemagicks "identify -verbose" to do that to get a huge list of statistics and I have to do a:
identify -verbose MasterDivided.tiff | grep 'min\|max\|mean\|deviation\|Red\|Green\|Blue\|Overall\|Gray'
to get only whats interesting. Moreover that is terrible slow (50 seconds) for unknown reason(*).

(* see here: www.imagemagick.org/discourse-server/vie...123&p=146856#p146854)
--= human, without Windows™ =--
pls excuse my bad english! :)
Last edit: 6 years 9 months ago by pauledd.
6 years 9 months ago #17244

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 11
Is their any particular reason you don't like the RAW to FITs conversion provider by Ekos? I'm pretty sure there's no loss of the linear data and the FITs file contains all the stats you need. FWIW: If you PREVIEW your images as FITs to match and meet your preferred exposure level, save it as a reference , then capture your sequence in RAW.
Skywatcher 190MN - EQ6 Pro (with Belt Mod) - ASI1600MM-Cooled - ASI EFW7 - ASI120MM - WO f4 Guide Scope - Rigel nStep - KStars/Ekos - KDE - PixInsight
6 years 9 months ago #17245

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.295 seconds