INDI Library v2.0.6 is Released (02 Feb 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

Update of the INDI driver for Apogee F cameras

• Thank you received: 10
There is new driver code available which I would like to see integrated for the Alta F series cameras. The source files are located here:
www.randomfactory.com/downloads/
But, I specifically will help with development on a 32 and 64 bit Linux Mint 16 OS.
www.randomfactory.com/downloads/apogee-devel-3.0.2865-x86.tgz
I have succeeded in installing and getting the author's test files to work. However, I understand we must link them for the KStars to use this replacement.

Thanks in advance for any comments or assistance with this update.

Dan
10 years 1 month ago #617

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Hi Astrodan,

Actually, the INDI Apogee driver needs to be migrated to use iNDI::CCD as it is still using legacy INDI code. Most of the current CCD drivers (SBIG, SX, QSI..etc) already utilize INDI::CCD. A good place to start is by looking at Generic CCD template, you can start with it and develop the Apogee driver accordingly.

You can check it out from SVN:
svn co svn://svn.code.sf.net/p/indi/code/trunk/3rdparty/generic-ccd

There is also libapogee (which needs to be updated) here:
svn co svn://svn.code.sf.net/p/indi/code/trunk/3rdparty/libapogee

and finally, the INDI Apogee driver which needs to be migrated here:
svn co svn://svn.code.sf.net/p/indi/code/trunk/3rdparty/indi-apogee

So I would recommend you take a look at generic-ccd and modify it until we get an updated INDI Apogee driver that would work with E, U, and F series cameras if possible!

Let me know if you require any assistance!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Dan Holler
10 years 1 month ago #626

I have been in contact with Elwood and Dave. Hopefully, I will see what I can do. Thanks,
Dan
10 years 1 month ago #627

Hello Jasem,

Is Revision 1475 getting the new Apogee INDI driver? Seems it still shows no changes; no detection of F8300 usb camera.

Off topic, I see no detection of QHY5L-II camera with latest push on INDI-qhy driver either.

Best wishes,
Dan
10 years 3 weeks ago #717

Did you build libapogee3 and indi-apogee from the latest revision?
10 years 3 weeks ago #719

Hello Jasem,

I must not be thinking of this correctly. I have added your software repository. If I do a sudo apt-get update followed by a sudo apt-get upgrade, does the user not receive the modifications automatically?

My other choice was going here: launchpad.net/~mutlaqja/+archive/ppa/+packages

And somewhere else, I was using subversion to receive the trunk files.

Which method would you recommend?
10 years 3 weeks ago #720

Ok, I think I have it now. Thank you.
10 years 3 weeks ago #721

On the server here, the indi-apogee appeared with the latest update. However, when I try to connect to the camera, I get the message that KStars is searching for an Apogee camera, forever. It never times out, nor does it discover the connected and powered Apogee F8300 camera.

Any thoughts or instructions would be greatly appreciated.

Best wishes,
Dan
10 years 3 weeks ago #722

I am in contact with Dave from Random Factory and I asked him to test the driver so hopefully he can give us some feedback. I also updated libapogee3 library as the configuration files were not installed in the location where it expects them. At any rate, since I don't have any cameras to test, I am relying on reports from others who do.

EDIT: If you perform any test, make sure to enable "Debug" in the Options tab first before you connect.
Last edit: 10 years 2 weeks ago by Jasem Mutlaq.
10 years 2 weeks ago #766

Hello,
The Apogee INDI driver is now fixed for the Alta F series camera which we tested. Actual image tests were conducted today using Mint 9 and Mint 16 OS. The Mint 9 test was using KStars Ver 1.6, while, the Mint 16 test used the latest KStars-bleeding.

Special thanks to Jasem for writing and rewriting the libapogee3 driver. Also, thanks to Dave for his help in developing the code for many Apogee cameras.

Best wishes,
Dan
9 years 10 months ago #1071

We have now had 2 sessions under the stars with the new Apogee F series camera, Astro Physics 1600 mount, Robofocus, and ATIK filter wheel. One of sessions, the camera never stopped functioning. The other session (last night) we had some issue which I feel might have been cable connection related. Thank you again Jasem.

Now to the wish list items we would like to see addressed. We would like to see the ability to save, recall, and edit a particular imaging session under the Ekos CCD tab. Having to select and complete session after having completed a previous one with multiple filters seems unnecessary when only a target may have changed.

We would also like to have a Reset or Home button for the ATIK filter wheel.

Is it possible to have KStars viewer without separate .tmp image tabs?

Where is data stored when using the alignment goto to target command? Is it possilble to edit or delete an entry?

Again, Thank you Jasem for all the hard work you have put into this.

Best wishes,
Dan
9 years 9 months ago #1363

Hi Dan,

Thanks a lot for your comments! Can you please file those requests under bugs.kde.org as "wishlist" items so I can keep track of them?
9 years 9 months ago #1367

Time to create page: 0.322 seconds