INDI Library v2.0.6 is Released (02 Feb 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

auto switch to client mode for preview

• Thank you received: 109
Situation: I am always connected remotely to my telescope's INDI machine. When I capture, I set the capture sequence to "local" to write to the SSD on the INDI machine attached to the scope and camera. After the capture sequence, I move to the next object and wish to preview before setting things up again.

This is a small thing, but in the case where the UI is running remotely and it is set to save "local", clicking preview and having it say it cannot be set to local or both, is an inconvenience when it could just switch to client mode for you. It could even switch it back after the preview is downloaded.

This request then is to automatically switch to client mode when the preview button is used remotely.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Jasem Mutlaq
6 years 7 months ago #18254

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Good call. I made all previews switch to client mode. It's implemented it Git now.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Jim
6 years 7 months ago #18256

• Thank you received: 109
I just wanted to say thank you. This was a small change but a large UX improvement for me. I was tired last night but had really nice skies with a new moon. The ability to always have previews work and not change the destination was wonderful.

Sometimes it is just the small things. Thanks!
6 years 7 months ago #18694

Time to create page: 0.152 seconds