INDI Library v2.0.6 is Released (02 Feb 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

Snap-back settings - capture to live video and back

• Thank you received: 109
Greetings!

There are a few situations where a button press in Ekos changes a setting to allow something to work, this is great. What is not so great is when it doesn't change the settings back and as a user you forget to do it manually and capture the rest of your evening in 8bit. This is no fault of the software, and is 100% on me, but this request is to have such settings snap back to what they were.

My particular example for this request: Set to 16 bit raw, accidentally (or purposefully even) click on live video which changes the settings to those it can stream, stop the live video to go back to more captures. At this point it would be ideal for things to switch back to "capture mode". Today, the live video settings are left in place, and if you do not manually switch camera settings back, you don't capture how you were.

A possibility might be to have a capture mode set of settings defined and a live video set of settings, then switch between them?

Thanks!
Jim
6 years 7 months ago #18445

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

So this is an INDI issue, not Ekos. I implemented this behavior in the INDI ZWO driver but I didn't test it. Please test and report back if it works as intended.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Jim
6 years 7 months ago #18450

Excellent, will give it a go. Thanks!

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk
6 years 7 months ago #18451

Happy to confirm that with the testing I was able to do, it appears to be working. I started with 16bit settings, capture a preview, click the live video button, it changes to luma and starts the stream, stopping the stream or closing the live window changes it back to 16 bit.

Thanks!
6 years 7 months ago #18460

replied to the wrong thread, though this feature is also working well.

Thanks!
Last edit: 6 years 7 months ago by Jim. Reason: wrong thread
6 years 7 months ago #18692

Time to create page: 0.218 seconds