INDI Library v2.0.6 is Released (02 Feb 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

Mesu Mount 200 Driver Request

• Thank you received: 4
knro

I have talked to my local supplier and he is looking into it. I presume he will talk to Mesu. I will contact Sidereal and see if it is something they may offer in the future.
I came straight to the forum with this request as I have contacted smaller suppliers about Indi drivers. The answer is they don't get enough requests to warrant the effort involved. So probably more INDI users need to keep requesting drivers from all suppliers. I will report back.
Thanks for all you great work
Graham
6 years 7 months ago #18623

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Hi
I have had a reply to my request for an INDI to Sidereal Technology.
"working on an INDI driver. If you want to test the first version, keep an eye on the SiTech Yahoo usergroup. It will probably be released by the end of the year. If you want to wait for an offiicial release, keep an eye on our webpage."

So it looks like it is going to happen. We just have to wait a little while.

Graham
The following user(s) said Thank You: Jasem Mutlaq, Gonzothegreat
Last edit: 6 years 7 months ago by Graham Cornford.
6 years 7 months ago #18651

• Thank you received: 19
Any more news on this?
6 years 1 month ago #23457

Hi
I did contact Sitech and was told that the driver would be available around Christmas. The question has resonantly been asked again on the Sitech Yarhoo group. It seems Sitech have a working INDI driver but other (paid) work may be getting in the way of further development. I suggest you join the Yarhoo group and add your voice to others on there who would like to use the INDI driver. There was some suggestion by Sitech that " I'll take a few folks that want it to work under INDI, and help get them going" ?
I think that if an INDI driver were to become available a lot of users would go through the perceived pain of switching to Linux. There always complaints and problems with Win 10 updates etc.
After email conversations with Sitech I went ahead and purchased my Mesu 200. It is increasingly looking like I may have to use windows. Everything else I have works very well with INDI, Kstars.
Graham
The following user(s) said Thank You: Jasem Mutlaq
Last edit: 6 years 1 month ago by Graham Cornford.
6 years 1 month ago #23469

This is why I asked. I'm looking to do a mount upgrade (soon-ish) and if the mount doesn't support INDI right now, I'm not even going to consider it. I got burnt with a focuser I thought was going to get INDI support, but never has, so now I'm going to "vote" with my wallet. You don't support INDI, you don't get my money.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Jasem Mutlaq
6 years 1 month ago #23472

• Thank you received: 0
Please excuse me if this is not the place to post this question. This is my first post as I joined the forum on reading this thread. Is the Sitech INDI driver available for the Mesu mount 200 yet?
5 years 1 month ago #35196

Hi
The Indi driver has not appeared yet. There has been talk about a linux version of the software (not Indy) but it seems to be a low priority. I went ahead and brought the Mesu as the Sitech guys told me the Indy driver was only months away. As LAZJEN Says above it very easy to get burned by software promises.
The best thing is to contact the yahoo.com SiTechservo group and post you request there. It may be a good idea to contact Mesu and say that its a deal breaker that you have an Indy driver available before you buy the mount. Loss of sales might do change there minds.
The mesu 200 is very very good and the Sitech driver works well. You wont regret buying one. Its all the Win 10 hassle that you don't need.
Graham
5 years 1 month ago #35213

Hi
I have posted a question to the Sitech Yahoo group.
Back it up with a few posts and they may think there is a need for a Indy Driver if the thread is active with requests from prospective users.
Graham
5 years 1 month ago #35215

• Thank you received: 0
Thanks Fellside
I use sitech on a win 7 laptop, at least that is less painful than win 10. There are only two other reasons I have Windows, Sharpcap and PHD2. I would dearly like to replace PHD2 with EKOS.
With an INDI deiver I would only have to boot Win 7 for Sharpcap.

As it is I find that having built a Sitech 40 star sky map and use all terms good go to and tracking is the norm. EKOS woild improve my guiding life by a large margin.
Graham I just saw your post. Good idea but joining yahoo groups with no cell phone coverage is a not practical. I have tried and managed to do so (Mesu mount group) but input there after is impossible.

Chris
5 years 1 month ago #35216

Hi Chris
I think you can use PHD2 instead of the EKOS internal guider. Please try to post to the Sitech group. The more requests the better.
I miss using my Raspberry pi`s with EKOS and the reliability of Linux. I am on Win 10 and have been caught out by Win updates:(
Graham
5 years 1 month ago #35219

Ok
If you read the Yahoo group you will see that Dan Gray the Sitech developer has published files and a walk through of how he installed the driver. He has requested help/volunteers with making the files easier to install for the average user.
So it looks like its almost there. So if you have any experience of Indi drivers and getting them ready to install. There is a Github to go to.
github.com/JeffRossMT/sitech-indi-driver
regards
Graham
5 years 1 month ago #35299

Interesting developments.

I looked at the repo, and saw this file: github.com/JeffRossMT/sitech-indi-driver...ope_sitechReadMe.txt

Point 4 is interesting - it seems to imply you need to run an app somewhere on the network on what I assume is a windows box. Am I wrong?
5 years 1 month ago #35304

Time to create page: 0.940 seconds