Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
20 Aug 2017
INDI development team is happy to announce the release of INDI Library v1.5.0. This new exciting release builds on the maturity of INDI Library and comes with many new supported devices and fixes for existing drivers.
Read More...
  • Page:

TOPIC: Ability To Setup Sequences Without INDI Running

Ability To Setup Sequences Without INDI Running 1 week 2 days ago #20890

It would be nice to be able build/edit sequences without having to connect INDI. I can build schedules in the comfort of my house but since I don't use any kind of remote device at my scope and I don't leave my scope powered up when not in use I currently have to sit outside in the cold to build my sequences. That leads to less then optimal settings.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Ability To Setup Sequences Without INDI Running 1 week 2 days ago #20893

I know what you mean. And you cant really use the indi simulators to build them since the details will be different.
I work around this by manually editing the sequence xml files. I copy an existing sequence xml, open it up in vscode or something like that and start hacking away to create a new sequence file. It generally works.
Derek

Celestron CPC1100 Atik 383L
HP8300 Elite i5 running Xubuntu, Indi, Kstars & Ekos
Roll off roof observatory
Battling Irish weather
github.com/dokeeffe
twitter.com/BallyhouraStars

Ability To Setup Sequences Without INDI Running 1 week 2 days ago #20894

You can't configure the CCD Simulator to mimic your camera? I just tried building a sequence similar to one I had to my QSI and it all worked fine. I only had to edit the file to the change the camera and filter wheel names and the rest stayed as-is.
The following user(s) said Thank You: dokeeffe, ColoradoSolar

Jasem Mutlaq
Support INDI & Ekos; Get StellarMate Astrophotography Gadget.
How to Submit Logs when you have problems?
Last Edit: by knro.

Ability To Setup Sequences Without INDI Running 1 week 2 days ago #20896

I had not thought about trying to make the simulator mimic my camera, that would be much easier than freezing to death ;)

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.528 seconds

Login

3rd Party

Choose from the numerous 3rd party INDI drivers to suit your needs!

Got Problem?

Check out the FAQ, the forum, and the bug tracking system to resolve any issues you might have!
You can also subscribe to INDI newsletter and development mailing lists to get the latest updates on INDI!

Gallery

Replica

Why INDI

Replica