INDI Library v2.0.6 is Released (02 Feb 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

Astrometry in fits viewer

• Thank you received: 12
Hello, I have a little suggestion to add to the wish list. I'm impressed with the Ekos alignment module, with astrometry.net, in online or offline mode. What would be great is to be able to use astrometry.net directly in the fits viewer, without using EKOS. What do you think of this?
6 years 1 month ago #23039

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

I'm not sure understand what you're suggesting here?
6 years 1 month ago #23049

• Thank you received: 12
I sometimes go to astrometry.net to upload images from my archives. I would like to be able to identify their exact position, field, etc. I thus have old photos taken with a film camera, I did not keep any notes on the shooting. The nova.astrometry.net site is very useful for that, but sometimes it is slow or inaccessible. I thought it would be nice to be able to do the same thing via kstars and the fits viewer, with the offline mode for example. Perhaps then the fits viewer should be able to read jpg images, tiff, etc... But maybe it's a lot of work for a non-essential functionality.
6 years 1 month ago #23051

Well, if WCS is enabled, then after is captured, all the location information is embedded right there in the FITS file.
So Enable WCS, Solve one image --> all subsequent images have WCS data and are already 'solved'.
6 years 1 month ago #23062

Time to create page: 0.205 seconds