Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
25 Jul 2018
Glad to announce of release of INDI Library v1.7.4 on 2018-07-25. A few drivers were added in this release as we continue to improve & stabilize existing drivers.
Read More...
  • Page:

TOPIC: Fits header customization

Fits header customization 6 months 1 week ago #23074

• wimvb
  • wimvb's Avatar Topic Author
  • Expert Boarder
  • Expert Boarder
  • Thank you received: 13
Variations of this topic have been brought up before, but here goes:

Since Ekos can handle such a wide variety of equipment, notably cameras, and various types of cameras have their own terminology/keywords, I would like to propose a more flexible handling of fits headers in Ekos.
E.g. DSLRs have only one gain setting: ISO. CCDs have "Gain", while CMOS have "Gain", "Offset" (or "Brightness"), and "Bandwidth".
It would be useful to have Ekos allow for a configuration file with a list of the appropriate keywords. Keywords that are in this list would then be included (with their values) in the fits header.
An alternative to this is to have, in the INDI device control manager, checkboxes after each (relevant) keyword. If the checkbox is checked, the keyword with its value will be included in the fits header of the image.
The use of a configuration file would allow for a high level of flexibility.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Wim

Opticron Oregon 15*70, Skywatcher 150PDS + ST80, AZ-EQ6 GT + EQ3-2 Goto, ZWO ASI174MM-Cool + Pentax K20D (retired) + ZWO ASI120MM, homemade ditherbox, PixInsight, Raspberry Pi with INDI & PHD2, cloud cover

www.astrobin.com/users/wimvb/

Fits header customization 6 months 1 week ago #23100

FITS headers are generated in INDI, not KStars, so it must be done at the CCD driver side (INDI::CCD class). Patches are welcome!
The following user(s) said Thank You: wimvb

Jasem Mutlaq
Support INDI & Ekos; Get StellarMate Astrophotography Gadget.
How to Submit Logs when you have problems?
Add your observatory info

Fits header customization 6 months 1 week ago #23101

• wimvb
  • wimvb's Avatar Topic Author
  • Expert Boarder
  • Expert Boarder
  • Thank you received: 13
Thanks, Jasem. In my case that would be the asi driver then.
I'll post the suggestion on the zwo user group forum, since I don't have the programming skills.

Cheers,
Wim

Wim

Opticron Oregon 15*70, Skywatcher 150PDS + ST80, AZ-EQ6 GT + EQ3-2 Goto, ZWO ASI174MM-Cool + Pentax K20D (retired) + ZWO ASI120MM, homemade ditherbox, PixInsight, Raspberry Pi with INDI & PHD2, cloud cover

www.astrobin.com/users/wimvb/
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.113 seconds

Login

3rd Party

Choose from the numerous 3rd party INDI drivers to suit your needs!

Got Problem?

Check out the FAQ, the forum, and the bug tracking system to resolve any issues you might have!
You can also subscribe to INDI newsletter and development mailing lists to get the latest updates on INDI!
´╗┐

Gallery

Replica

Why INDI

Replica