INDI Library v2.0.6 is Released (02 Feb 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

Add J2000 coordinate supoort in Ekos and INDI

• Thank you received: 5
From this topic I knew that both KStars and INDI use JNOW coordinate. However, many catalogs and online databases provide J2000 coordinate of an object. The only place I can use J2000 coordinate is in schedule module. For normal telescope slewing, I must enter JNOW coordinate in mount control menu. One possible way is to add an option for user to select which type of coordinates are entered. Is there any plan to implement J2000 coordinate input in mount control in Ekos?

JNOW coordinates are displayed in both INDI and Ekos, I wish there's an option to select which type of coordinate to display (J2000 or JNOW). Is it hard to implement such feature?
Main Scope: GSO RC8 (195mm f/8.2)
Focuser: MoonLite 1.5" for RC
Mount: AZ-EQ6
Guider: Moravian OAG with Moravian G1-2000M
Primary Cam: Moravian G2-3200
Filter: Johnson-Cousin BVI ; SDSS g' r' i' z' ; Strömgren b, Strömgren v, DDO-51, H-Alpha (3nm), H-Alpha(13.6nm)
5 years 10 months ago #25778

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Ok I just added J2000 support. It should be in the next KStars release. The J2000 stuff would ONLY be visible in the mount control panel and no where outside that.
The following user(s) said Thank You: starrybird, Michael Fulbright
5 years 10 months ago #25779
Attachments:

• Thank you received: 5
Hi knro:

Thanks for adding the support in the mount control menu.

You mentioned that the J2000 stuff would ONLY be visible in the mount control panel and no where outside that, can you tell me the reason for that?
Main Scope: GSO RC8 (195mm f/8.2)
Focuser: MoonLite 1.5" for RC
Mount: AZ-EQ6
Guider: Moravian OAG with Moravian G1-2000M
Primary Cam: Moravian G2-3200
Filter: Johnson-Cousin BVI ; SDSS g' r' i' z' ; Strömgren b, Strömgren v, DDO-51, H-Alpha (3nm), H-Alpha(13.6nm)
5 years 10 months ago #25783

It's not going to be reflected in the Ekos Mount tab, that would be remain JNow.
5 years 10 months ago #25785

Time to create page: 0.346 seconds