INDI Library v2.0.7 is Released (01 Apr 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

KStars: Integration of Wishlist - Session Plan - Ekos Scheduler

• Thank you received: 10
Hello,

here are my wishes for the better integration of KStars Wishlist -> Session Plan -> Ekos Scheduler.

1.) Please allow adding to Ekos Scheduler also from the session plan, not only from the wishlist
2.) Please have an easy possibility to remove items from the Session plan, so far it is only possible via the pop up menu
3.) Please allow the same restrictions as in Ekos Scheduler when moving objects from the Wishlist to the Session Plan with the "Add objects visible tonight to session plan" menu entry (culmination time, altitude, moon separation). They can be optional, but should be available. The information is actually calculated and displayed, so it should be easy to have some filtering possibilities.

Thanks a lot!

Amin
Skywatcher Newton 200/1000, Sharpstar 60ED, Canon Lenses
Skywatcherr EQ-6 R, AZ-GTI
StellarMate @ Raspberry Pi 3B+
ASI 183 MC Pro
ASI 290 MC guiding cam on APM 60 ImageMaster
Sesto Senso 2 Focuser + Astromechanics Canon Focuser

The following user(s) said Thank You: Craig
5 years 8 months ago #27781

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 26
4) Also include job editing while running a schedule.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Craig
Last edit: 5 years 8 months ago by Jurgen Kobierczynski.
5 years 8 months ago #27801

• Thank you received: 301
This one is more involved than it seems :) In terms of UI first, but that's a minor problem. In terms of scheduling, it requires isolating the running job, and avoiding the conflicts that the end-user will certainly introduce... Would be easier if the schedule editor and the scheduler were two different modules.

-Eric
5 years 8 months ago #27811

• Thank you received: 26
Some observations from my part Ekos sheduler:
during a Ha, OIII session I may decide to interrupt the session to try a SII capture and notice SII data much better than expected and wanting to change my sequence queue to a SII, OIII, Ha exposures. I've noticed that it is better to create a new job without Track, Focus, Align, Guide steps, because I may trigger a meridian flip. Also I've noticed a exposure using a filter in a sequence queue is passed because these exposures were already taken and I had to create a new sequence queue. Also doing the exposures manually without the sheduler alters the names and locations frames and I had to move/rename the files afterwards.
Last edit: 5 years 8 months ago by Jurgen Kobierczynski. Reason: language correction, more clear
5 years 8 months ago #27835

• Thank you received: 301
@RogueSquadron for 1 and 2 I have plans for smoother creation of schedule items. Then we can have a look at the relation between Wishlist, Session Planner and Scheduler. Right now I agree the "Add to Ekos Scheduler" is a bit weak :)

For 3 I'm not sure what you mean: you would like to get the job constraints results in the Session Planner? I plan to duplicate the rise/set graph in the Scheduler and add markers for job durations (after we implement a more clever scheduler job object though).
If I understand that point, you would like to update the sequence in the capture tab without resetting the Scheduler step progress? Pause the Scheduler, adjust the sequence, restart the Scheduler? Never tried that interesting procedure, might work!
Fixed by @sterne-jaeger on July 24!
Confirmed, the capture tab doesn't know about the current target and simply ignore that path component. That should be fixable.

-Eric
5 years 8 months ago #27844

• Thank you received: 10
Hi Eric,

what I meant in point 3 is the following:

My intended workflow would be the following: I keep all the things I wish to observe in the wishlist, have KStars then select the ones that are visible and decide which ones of them I would like to take images of in the Ekos Scheduler.

What happens now is that if I let KStars select the items that are visible tonight, 90% of them are rejected by Ekos Scheduler because of meaningful user constraints.

Two examples:

1) KStars select objects as visible tonight with a max altitude of 5°, whereas for me it does not make sense to hit on any target lower than 30°. In the Ekos scheduler I can set this, but not in KStars visible tonight selection.
2) KStars selects objects with transit at 17:00. That as well does not make sense, if I have enabled the twilight constraint in Ekos scheduler.

That means so far I get a huge list of "visible tonight" targets that I have to filter manually afterwards. I usually eliminate all objects with a transit lower than 45° and with transit times that do not fit in the dark night.

So I think it would be helpful to have the same constraints available like in Ekos scheduler.
Skywatcher Newton 200/1000, Sharpstar 60ED, Canon Lenses
Skywatcherr EQ-6 R, AZ-GTI
StellarMate @ Raspberry Pi 3B+
ASI 183 MC Pro
ASI 290 MC guiding cam on APM 60 ImageMaster
Sesto Senso 2 Focuser + Astromechanics Canon Focuser

The following user(s) said Thank You: Alfred
Last edit: 5 years 8 months ago by Amin Sharaf.
5 years 8 months ago #27847

Time to create page: 0.896 seconds