INDI Library v2.0.6 is Released (02 Feb 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

Additional features in Ekos

• Thank you received: 41
Hi :)

KStars/Ekos is our new standard for measurements now and works very nice :) There are two things I would like to see in Ekos:
1.) Option to show only the latest image in FITS viewer (just as it is in focus mode), not all images.
2.) Get the counts of the most exposured pixel when you click on a star, and maybe HFR. That is very useful to avoid overexposure and realized for example in Artemis Capture for Atik CCD.
3.) Option to add more information to the FITS header (for example the observer, the object or if available the chip temperature)

EDIT: 4.) Option to apply "Auto stretch" to all shown images in FITS viewer

I will start to implement these features after my exams (in three weeks), but maybe you have some further ideas or hints before :)

Greetings
Christian
Last edit: 9 years 8 months ago by Christian.
9 years 8 months ago #1462

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 10

Replied by Steve on topic Additional features in Ekos

Nice one Christian !
I would add being able to resize the various windows in Ekos would be good as I`m forever minimising windows to see whats going on with the others.
If I try to resize the windows the arrows appear but don`t do anything, maybe its the confines of the screen size that prevents resizing?
cheers
Steve
9 years 8 months ago #1463

Forget it, is already done, just forgot to remember it :D
9 years 8 months ago #1464

Ok, a few other users as well requrested #1, so I just implemented it! You can go to INDI options and set it to use a single tab now. For #2, I'll leave this as an excercise to you after the exams :-)

For #3, temperature is aready set if available, but object and observer is not, but this is easily doable. But what are other header information that are necessary besides those?
9 years 8 months ago #1466

This is actually pretty challenging as the Qt layouts decide this and there is a minimum limit to the resize, I redesigned the UI a few times so that it fits on a laptop screen, it's already crammed as it is!
9 years 8 months ago #1467

Thank you :) For #3 I have in mind: telescope, object and observer. Another thing: The coordinates ra/dec, but maybe I'm doing something wrong here? They are in the header when I play with telescope simulator, but not when I use our Celestron mount with indi_celestron_gps. But in INDI control I see that INDI gets the coordinates from the mount.

Christian
9 years 8 months ago #1468

The CCD options has "Active Telescope" which should be set to your telescope as it is set to "Telescope Simulator" by default. But no worries, I just committed a change that makes Ekos automatically do that for you :-)
The following user(s) said Thank You: Christian
9 years 8 months ago #1470

Very nice! Thank you very much!
9 years 8 months ago #1472

• Thank you received: 34

Replied by pauledd on topic Additional features in Ekos

It would be nice to have an "crosshair" overlay option or even better a load an costum *.png with alpha channel in the live preview window.
--= human, without Windows™ =--
pls excuse my bad english! :)
The following user(s) said Thank You: Thomas Seckler
9 years 5 months ago #2060

• Thank you received: 34

Replied by pauledd on topic Additional features in Ekos

• Preview of *.cr2 files
  • when set Canon DSLR->Image Settings->Native same naming convention as is when set to fits*/li]
  • kill astrometry-engine process if alignment stop button is pressed

*If I take images in Native mode they are always named like "file_2014-11-08T16:49:43.cr2". It would be nice if they would be named like the fits files when I set flat/dark/bias (Light_XX,Dark_XX)

EDIT: and choosing a directory under Ekos->CCD has no effect to native images, they are alway stored in the dir that has been specified under ConfigureKstars->Indi->default fits dir.
--= human, without Windows™ =--
pls excuse my bad english! :)
Last edit: 9 years 4 months ago by pauledd. Reason: addition
9 years 4 months ago #2122

I added that to my TODO, however all future Ekos changes will only be available for KDE 5, the KDE 4 version will no longer recieve updates.
9 years 4 months ago #2134

Ok jpeg and CR2 images will be processed in the same naming convention as FITS files and there is preview for CR2 files, a bit experimental so test it and let me know. You need dcraw and cjpeg installed for the CR2 -> JPG conversion to work.
Last edit: 9 years 4 months ago by Jasem Mutlaq.
9 years 4 months ago #2176

Time to create page: 0.875 seconds