INDI Library v2.0.7 is Released (01 Apr 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

Crosshair in the Fitsviewer?

• Thank you received: 10
Hi guys
Not sure if this request should go here or the Kstars forum?.
Quite often when I`m trying to take spectra of faint stars I can`t always make out the 25micron slit in the field of view of the spectroscope guide ccd even with autostretch selected and I have to fiddle with my mouse cursor to place it at x=179,y=99 (Binned 2) in the Fitsviewer window which is the exact middle point of my slit and with the joystick tweak the star onto the mouse cursor. It would be great if I could have a small crosshair which could be placed at the position x=179,y=99 (or any other position) in my Fitsviewer window which would free up my mouse for other things. This crosshair would stay in the same position even if I reposition the Fitsviewer window on screen.
cheers
Steve
9 years 1 month ago #3463

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Sure, will work on adding a crosshair, that shouldn't be too difficult, making it easy without cluttering the UI is another issue. For some reason, I was inspired to add another quite useful feature completely unrelated to this one. It would be great if the captured FITS image has WCS data and you can right click a star and say "Slew here"!!
9 years 1 month ago #3464

You'll now get a crosshair if you double click anywhere in the image.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Steve
9 years 1 month ago #3468

Replied by Steve on topic Crosshair in the Fitsviewer?

Thats great thanks Jasem,I`ll do an update later back home. ;-) That `slew here` idea of yours would be very useful too!
best
Steve
9 years 1 month ago #3469

Just done a kstars-bleeding upgrade (I`m running Ubuntu 15.04 Mate 64bit) and tried it with the ccd sim image and crosshair not showing yet Jasem, maybe too early for the ppa yet or poss it won`t work with the ccd sim fits?
regards
Steve
9 years 1 month ago #3471

Yeah the PPA takes about 24 hours to get updated, it should be updated by now.
9 years 1 month ago #3480

Hi Jasem
Still no joy with the crosshair?. I`ve done a sudo apt-get update a few times but if I try a fits from the ccd simulator either focus or ccd shot its still not showing a crosshair when I double click on the image. Would I have to uninstall/reinstall Kstars-bleeding or should an update do it?
cheers
Steve
9 years 1 month ago #3496

Try to run an update again and let me know the exact package version you have for KStars.
9 years 1 month ago #3504

Time to create page: 2.076 seconds