INDI Library v2.0.7 is Released (01 Apr 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

Moravian G3-11000C1FW indi driver

• Thank you received: 6
That's great!! Thanks!
Last answer i got from them was from their facebook page. Hope they let you in on it.
8 years 5 months ago #5797

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 1
Good to read this!
Keep us updated.

Regards.
8 years 5 months ago #5798

• Thank you received: 174
I talked to them and got reply. They need some more time to consider it, but at least I have a working contact now, so let's wait and see... Peter
The following user(s) said Thank You: Pasi Sarkkinen
8 years 5 months ago #5807

Jasem, you are right, that this is the easiest solution for some linux users, but it is simply not always possible. As I stressed many times before, INDI is not just linux and GPL/LGPL is unacceptable for many (most) commercial vendors (including us) for many different reasons. If we want to get the same support from vendors as ASCOM, we need to find the reliable way how to cooperate.

Peter
8 years 5 months ago #5810

• Thank you received: 41
What is the definition of "INDI driver package" and "available"? IMHO all code directly related to INDI should be free, but for device access libraries by commercial vendors the minimum requirement should be a license which allows redistribution without modifications. In case of Debian it should be possible to add the libs to nonfree, the INDI drivers to contrib. Same for Fedora/RPMFusion.
Last edit: 8 years 5 months ago by Christian. Reason: typo
8 years 5 months ago #5812

I feel, that this is not the right thread for this discussion, but... This is not quite true. The minimum requirement for the commercial vendor (now I mean a softwarehouse) is to be able to sell its application over usual commercial channels. Just look at Mac OS X case - LGPL is incompatible with license requirements of Apple AppStore. Distributing application software outside AppStore is incompatible with typical Apple user mindset and it seems, that in near future it may be impossible at all. Without typical Apple users (maybe 10x more desktop and 1000000x mobile users and astronomers than of all linux distros together) there is no critical customer mass and no reason for vendors (now I mean hardware vendors) to support INDI community.

Peter
8 years 5 months ago #5813

• Thank you received: 41
Indeed, this is not the right thread... I know Apple's behaviour @AppStore, just for interest: How is INDI distribution for AppStore done today?
Last edit: 8 years 5 months ago by Christian.
8 years 5 months ago #5814

There is no INDI distribution for AppStore. INDI Server for OSX is distributed outside AppStore and source code is in INDI SVN (but it is more and more complicated) and INDI servers and clients integrated in our OSX and iOS applications are our own ObjectiveC/Swift implementations with quite different architecture. Peter
8 years 5 months ago #5815

• Thank you received: 6
So, moravian just notified me that they are evaluating the possibility to develop INDI driver in-house.
8 years 5 months ago #5857

Hello,
it seems Linux drivers are available here:
www.gxccd.com/cat?id=148&lang=409

I don't know if lacking you discussed is referred to anything else...

Regards,
Giovanni.
8 years 4 months ago #6030

It is actually SDK, not driver and is reported as non-working by camera owners... Peter
The following user(s) said Thank You: Pasi Sarkkinen
8 years 4 months ago #6031

Hello,
is there any news about this topic?

Thanks in advance,
Giovanni.
8 years 2 months ago #6944

Time to create page: 0.775 seconds