INDI Library v2.0.7 is Released (01 Apr 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

Ekos - sequence queue - loop option

• Thank you received: 0
Any chance for simple "loop" option in sequence queue?
Currently Ekos is OK for simple amateur imaging but is useless for more advance work and simple research. First example is photometry (of variable stars), when you need repeat one sequence of images in different filters for hours and some times all night. We can't do that with current sequence queue at least not in fast and easy way. Adding manually 500 jobs to the queue every evening is work for very desperate observer, especially when you need change settings every other night.
8 years 11 months ago #4184

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

This along with additional features are part of this year GSoC 2015 KStars project "Ekos Scheduler" which was accepted just recently. So stay tuned! If you have any additional features you deem necessary, please describe them as well and if time allows we will try to incorporate it in the GSoC project as well.
8 years 11 months ago #4186

• Thank you received: 2
Planetary imaging, pleeeeease! :lol: :lol: :lol:
8 years 11 months ago #4189

• Thank you received: 0
Thanks! That is really good news.

Feature I will really like to see is cooling power in main Ekos window. I know that is something most don't care at all, but it is important in my opinion, because during imaging you don't want to be at max cooling power of your camera. Some cameras give that information (SBIG for example), If only INDI drivers support this it should be visible to observer. Will be the best if it will be next to current camera temperature.
Other important thing that I also miss in Ekos is more keywords in fits header. Current header provide to little data and that makes such fits more or less useless. Much more keywords is needed. It should be also options for settings keywords specific for your observatory/telescope setup.

Of course continuous work towards stabilization of Ekos is probably most important thing.
8 years 10 months ago #4419

What more keywords are necessary? Most useful keywords are already there. Regarding the power %, the UI is already too cluttered, but I'll see if it is possible to add it there somehow without making it too cluttered.
8 years 10 months ago #4422

Time to create page: 0.792 seconds