Talon6 is a roll off roof control system for observatories automation. It has been used by several observatiories like e.g. E-eye in Spain that hosts more than 55 observatories with Talon6 Roll Off Roof solutions.
INDI Talon6 driver is released as a 3rd party driver in source and binary packages.
Under Ubuntu, you can install the driver via:
sudo add-apt-repository ppa:mutlaqja/ppa
sudo apt-get update
sudo apt-get install indi-talon6
Version 0.1 only implements basic features:
- Serial connection to the device
- Read Talon6 status data from device
- Park and UnPark the roof that corrisponds to Open and Close the roof.
- Stop roof motion
Version 1.0 will have other features:
- Sync roof position to percentage
- Go to motion to percentage
- Possibility to change timers
- Roof control by snooped devices (mount / weather / scheduler)
Once you are connected to the device, you can open the roof by pressing UnPark. On the opposite, close the roof pressing Park.
Abort will stop the roof motion whenever it is moving.
Read will force a read on the device status data otherwise they are regularly updated.
Device status data:
- Roof Status shows the actual roof status (OPEN, CLOSED, OPENING, CLOSING, ERROR).
- Last Action lists the last action performed by the roof (none, open by user, close by user, go to by user, calibrate by user, close due to cloud- rain condition, close due to power down, close due to communication lost, close due to internet lost, close due to timeout expired, close by management, close by automation, stop -- motor stalled, emergency stop, Order the mount to park)
- Power supply is the tension supplied in Volts.
- Closing Timer. When the countdown reaches the zero value the controller will Order to park the mount and close the roof.
- Power lost timer. If the power is not is restored before the time specified in the text window the controller will order to park the mount and close the roof. This feature works if you have a UPS system. Of course, the sensor has to be connected before the UPS
- Weather Condition Timer if a weather condition alert is triggered and remains active for the time specified, the controller will order to park the mount and close the roof. Waiting for the specified time can prevent a premature closing due to some momentary instability, as a group of loose clouds, etc..
After settings the parameters above, go to Options tab and click Save in Configurations so that the parameters are used in future sessions.
There are no known bugs for this driver. If you found a bug, please report it at INDI's bug tracking system at SourceForge. (You can log in with a variety of existing accounts, including Google, Yahoo and OpenID.)